2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
170 miles and broke down
By dirtywork on 05/27/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck, but left me dissapointed today after a gas leak in the middle of a major street. Had my family inside and got out quick when a pedestrian said the car was leaking gas! Turned into major ordeal, fire truck came and waited to see if the truck got on fire or something. Just installed 22" rims on it yesterday and now I won't see my truck until Tuesday and see what the heck happened to it. I love the truck so much that I wish I can get a new one or fix it and make it safer. Thank God that we are alive, it could of been worse. I could of ignited or some smoker flicking their cigarette out the window. Have your truck inspected before you drive home with it.

Refined, Comfortable, Powerful, Thirsty
By PaulC on 05/26/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second large SUV, having traded a first-gen Ford Expedition for my Tahoe LT 4x4. Where the Tahoe trumps the Expedition is overall refinement, offering a smoother, more supple ride, better sound isolation, and incrementally better handling. The 1950's Chris-Craft bass exhaust burble is entertaining but never obtrusive, and hints at the burly, but refined nature of what's under the hood. The instrument panel and switchgear appears to be a lift from a late-model Audi, which is just fine by me. Negatives: Too heavy for its size, and a 26-gallon tank is just too small, particularly if you plan to tow with this vehicle. The Expedition had a 30- gallon tank, which was just right.

Wish I didn't buy this piece of junk!
By George on 05/25/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first vehicle both my wife and I have purchased in 10 years. First mistake was purchasing this Chevy. We had leased 7 new vehicles prior to this purchase. This way if we had a problem or just didn't like the vehicle we could turn it in a few years later. I have recently made my second payment on this vehicle and the car is dead. No one at Chevy knows why and no one can give us an answer. They have had this vehicle for 10 days now. The vehicle still will not start. All they can tell us is the engine has no power when turning the key. This is my wife's new vehicle and we have 3 small children. We depend on this vehicle which had left us stranded an hour and a half from home.

Finally, an SUV taken to the next level
By Chris on 05/25/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall SUV. Exterior styling is sharp. Turns a lot of heads and I get a lot of comments. Interior redesign is where this SUV shines. The look and layout is nicer than my Lexus, though the dash materials aren't quite as soft. The handling, power, ride, and just overall driving experience is second to none for an SUV. I like the front end better than the Yukon, otherwise pretty much exactly the same SUV. Also, why pay $20K more for an Escalade when it's also basically the same SUV. I looked at Toyota Sequoia, Ford Expedition & Navigator, Lexus GX, and Toyota 4Runner, and the Nissan Armada when looking. The Tahoe just simply is better in so many ways. Great job GM!

Great Looks... Little annoyances...
By So Far So Good on 05/21/06 16:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the 2007 Tahoe for a month now. The looks of the Tahoe sold me, plus the idea of another child. I love driving the SUV. It is smooth, powerful, and drives nicely; not like a truck. Does anyone else get the Wind whistle noise around the driver side mirrors at highway speeds. It's annoying!

Make Ready
By Jack Barthel on 05/20/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my 2007 Tahoe but it has some problems. I cannot get it to stop the engine light from coming on when I use e-85. Also the traction light keeps coming on and they cannot find out what to do with these problems,they are working on it but I have lose 7 days driving time already.

'07 Tahoe, fair and balanced
By pickydriver on 05/18/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I did about 2 months worth of research to find the right car and I ended up picking the '07 Tahoe before I even test drove anything else. The thing I love the most that I didn't see in any review before I bought it was the super tight turning circle that this behemoth has. I was blown away. This thing turns like a sports coupe. Not sure how they did it but I am super impressed. Also, riding in this thing is like riding on my recliner at home, it's super-comfortable!! I love all the neat techno gadgets in this car and I love being so high up on the road. This car was not cheap, I got a great deal because of all the research I did and the fact that I had a "walk away" attitude. Cheers!!

Low gas mileage
By Butch on 05/15/06 23:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The last 6 vehicles we have purchased has been new, and almost all of them have had close to acurate gas mileage claims when purchased, however the 2007 Tahoe that we have is no where close. With an advertised 21mpg, we are experiencing 13.5mpg highway after 4000 miles. Our dealer is side steping every question we have and trying to stall us, telling us we will not see the 20mpg range until the vehicle has 15000+ miles on it. We purchased the Tahoe because we were only getting 12.5mpg in our Hummer H2, and wanted a better gas mileage vehicle. We feel that we have been mislead.

Best SUV of the Decade
By socalfinancier on 05/10/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the 2007 Tahoe for a couple of weeks now and am amazed at the performance this vehicle has. I drive long distances and this has the features and design that let you actually enjoy driving again. Don't buy this SUV, I want to be the only one driving this beautiful machine!

Great truck
By JR on 05/10/06 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a Trailblazer for the new Tahoe. The truck drives better than the Expedition, Armada, and Sequioa that I drove. The interior is just as comfortable as every other Chevrolet, but it looks much better. On the highway, the ride is quiet and comfortable. Off road performance is great with the locking back end and autotrac, but be sure to remove the front air-dam before going on extreme outings. If you have a boat, then the G80 differential option is a must. I got $2500 off the sticker price. I am getting 19mpg mixed with the 5.3L- not bad considering the size and towing capacity. Gas mileage is better than most mid-sized SUVs and all full sizers

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.