2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Beyond Disappointed with vehicle and GM service!
By georgiagirls on 01/09/14 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm glad I came across this website! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who was obviously sold a lemon!!! For a minute, I thought maybe I was losing my mind in terms of the various things my car was going. "Did my lights really just flicker on and off?" "Did my car really just start popping out CD's, even though I didn't press eject?" I got my Tahoe in 2006 and began having issues with it around 2008. My lights would flash on/off, the doors would lock/unlock, it would sporadically shut down in the middle of the road, and now I'm having issues with it starting. Now that I finally have the car paid for, the traction issue has started....go figure. This car is CRAP!!!

Really? It needs a new engine at 80K?
By kumanos on 06/18/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought I was getting a great deal to purchase an 07 Tahoe with 58K, but at 80K, it left me high and dry at the side of the road. The valve spring broke, dropping the valve and ruining the piston. Just past the 5 year/1000 Warranty. After it was all said and done, I paid an engine rebuilding place to fix my existing motor (thank God the block was not damaged) $3600 to rebuild my motor. Wish rear seats laid flat for more interior cargo space. Chevy dealership only wanted to sell me a new GM motor for $7,000. Will never go to the dealership, they do nothing but gouge. Young Chevrolet, East Dallas... buyer beware.

2007 Tahoe - These posts are scarey!
By mvega57 on 08/20/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Tahoe new. It's 5.3L Flex Fuel, 2 wheel drive. 5 years later and 53Kmi I have no complaints about the car (can't say that about the dealership Svc people - they don't really understand how systems on a car work now-a-days). While under warranty all servicing done at a Chevy dealer; Front door interior handles replaces (chrome peeling), side doors plastic trim and rear seal in the transmission replaced (started leaking). It's been a great car, tows a 4,000+ lbs trailer no problem. If I would have read the negative reviews first, I would have never purchased it! I'm glad I didn't, this Tahoe has been great for us.

Solid Truck, Small Quirks
By rustinn on 04/06/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've put a little over 40k miles so far on our LTZ Tahoe. Reliability? It's been ok considering the car wouldn't start sometimes (back at about 30k miles) due to a bad battery. We replaced the battery and haven't had an issue since. Other than that, we've had some problems with the window controls but that's it. Quality? The smooth finish on the spokes of the steering wheel is peeling and the leather seats are starting to feel waxy and have lost their texture. We've had to also replace the door handle just recently for the driver door because it was loose (covered under warranty). Other than that, the paint job is impeccable and the dashboard hasn't warped or cracked.

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic on 07/13/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Never again
By Texas Sam on 07/28/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have bought many new GM products and have been pretty pleased but this 07 Tahoe is the biggest bag of crap I have ever owned. Every month my dashboard gets another crack in it, AC/heat does what it wants to do, power seats are a joke at best, wires for rear defrost have come un-soldered from the window, it locks and unlocks when it feels like it, a new battery every 9 months to a year and the latest is $2k spent repairing the rear end because of incorrect ring and pinion alignment. This bag of crap has only 45k miles on it. Way to go gm! Never again!

Way to go GM !!!!
By Jamie in SC on 02/22/10 17:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2nd Tahoe, the 05 Z71 was great at 65K miles but wanted the "new 07 styling". Its been a terrific 4 yrs and 100K miles; dlr maintained, syn oil, a battery and a set of tires later and I am ready to buy another..the experience (s) has been great. A solid 40K has been towing my Porsche race rig all over the USA. I hit "tow-haul" and have watched that engine pull that big rig up the mountains of Pennsylvania etc @ 4500 RPM, on the floor in 2nd gear for miles..time after time, never missing a beat..nary a drop of oil used..truly "like a rock". I have every option, for overall comfort, fit, finish and reliability a GREAT BUY. Way to go GM, my Porsche buds cringe every time I sing your song!

Sporty Drive
By Patti on 01/30/10 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tahoe and had a GMC Yukon before this one. I love it!

Closing in on 40,000 miles
By Tim on 01/26/10 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in 9-07. LT 5.3 V8 has plenty of power. Gas mileage is OK considering 300 plus hp--may consider a hybrid next time. No mechanical, tranny, or body integrity problems. I love this truck.

Tahoe has gotta go
By bamafutbal on 12/29/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

bought a used 2007 LTZ with everything except for folding running boards. The first car I have actually loved. 3 rows of captain chairs, all black leather, nav, rear dvd etc etc, then newness wore off. coming from dodge 2500 turbo diesel, pulling a 3500lb boat, this motor is way too small for interstate passing even in FLA. Have way to many electrical gremlins that surface then go away. Tired of the rear end clunk. Very tired of the 13mpg city 16.5mpg hiway mileage without pulling a boat> AND THE OTHER ISSUE, go online and look for tahoe dash crack. Mine has 2 cracks now, called gm, brought it to local palm chevy, they verified, gm called back and said too bad, not going to cover. car is

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.