Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

BE CAUTIOUS
By edictal

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is a out standing car for the most part but there are some down sides engineering wise. first of all the interior is fill with cheap plastic that cracks. second it burns through brakes like a race car and the most important in this segment of this car 2006 and up to present. the car has a defect in the engine where it causes oil to seap in to the cylinder and get burned up. well that may not sound bad at first but it begins to use oil in between oil changes. and the only to fix is buy new pistons or a new engine. mine is up to 2 quarts in between oil changes (3000 miles)

spacious interior and comfortable ride and front end

engine and quality of interior

2007 Cheney Tahoe LT
By rolland93

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck about six months ago it has been reliable safe and fun to have and it's more fuel-efficient than our old expedition. It's plenty a room but beware if you buy one make sure you get the bang for your buck I have an LT but I also have a customer that has the same year LT as I do and he has features unlike mine , sunroof GPS , 4X4 an automatic footboards.

Knowing that is reliable safe and well built

The same as usual the cheap plastic interior the dashboard is cracked the buttons impressions have worn off and scratches are visible and Chevrolet please quit putting plastic on your vehicles. Fades and looks cheap

Great truck
By fleder

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little skeptical about buying it,i got a LT with only 60k i went to the dealer to get a 40k SUV with 40k miles but i decided to wait,i saw this 07 with 60k one owner all records clean title etc etc,i got it for a very low price,very good deal! i had it for few months now and it feels great....drives perfect and its very roomy,feels like i am driving a pantoon boat with a lazy boy chair,handles very good in the city,and great,comfortable on road,great on gas too,if you buy a large SUV like this one you really dont care about that!,as soon i bought it i do all maintenance on it,so i expect to get at least 100k more,i dont regret it and very happy with,not problems yet

very roomy ,reliable comfortable no issues here

i wish it was more powerful 320 hp its not enough to take off i know its a heavy one but i wish it was a little faster

Beyond Disappointed with vehicle and GM service!
By georgiagirls

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm glad I came across this website! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who was obviously sold a lemon!!! For a minute, I thought maybe I was losing my mind in terms of the various things my car was going. "Did my lights really just flicker on and off?" "Did my car really just start popping out CD's, even though I didn't press eject?" I got my Tahoe in 2006 and began having issues with it around 2008. My lights would flash on/off, the doors would lock/unlock, it would sporadically shut down in the middle of the road, and now I'm having issues with it starting. Now that I finally have the car paid for, the traction issue has started....go figure. This car is CRAP!!!

GM needs to do better all around! I'm not anti-GM by any means, especially since my dad retired from GM.....every car my parents, siblings, and myself own are Chevy! Nevertheless, I've had nothing by major issues with my Tahoe. The service techs at the dealers are horrible (well, the one in Commerce, GA anyway). After several, several trips to the local dealer and explaining to them what was happening, their response was always "we don't see a problem" or "the computer isn't giving us a code". That's crap. I don't even use the local dealer for an oil change anymore because of the horrible service I felt I had received the multiple times I inquired about my Tahoe.

Really? It needs a new engine at 80K?
By kumanos

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought I was getting a great deal to purchase an 07 Tahoe with 58K, but at 80K, it left me high and dry at the side of the road. The valve spring broke, dropping the valve and ruining the piston. Just past the 5 year/1000 Warranty. After it was all said and done, I paid an engine rebuilding place to fix my existing motor (thank God the block was not damaged) $3600 to rebuild my motor. Wish rear seats laid flat for more interior cargo space. Chevy dealership only wanted to sell me a new GM motor for $7,000. Will never go to the dealership, they do nothing but gouge. Young Chevrolet, East Dallas... buyer beware.

I love the captains chairs and they are very comfortable for long trips. DVD entertainment and Bose stereo system are fantastic for the kiddoes. Love the remote start on cold mornings to warm the car in advance.

Stop cutting corners with cheap engine parts. Why would a spring fail?