2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Defects Galore
By rigrig on 08/14/14 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Tahoe in December 2006, Till this day it still has "Stabilitrack" message on panel. Suv goes about 15 Mph all of a sudden, and then doesn't go past 45 Mph. Had it serviced twice in past. Two years ago door chrome handle peeled off again. Had them replaced once. Steering wheel peeled completely. Other older problems that warranty didn't cover, Seat belt casing fell off of back seat. Dashboard is cracked in 3 places. Paint on trim faded a couple months after buying it. Rear defrost wire is unsoldered. Battery has been replaced twice. But maybe it just uses a lot of electricity. Not satisfied with this vehicle. Will never buy another "Chevy"

What a truck!
By al3310065 on 04/01/14 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Shocked to find all these negative reviews! Bought my 2007 LTZ 4wd used 2 years ago, and it has been ROCK SOLID! It had 70K (or 50,000mi.) and I've driven it 30K in 2 yrs (now has about 65,000mi.) I'm hoping it continues strong as it continues to age. For now: looks like new and drives like new! Everybody thinks my truck is fresh off the assembly line. MOST of the mileage was done while pulling my 6000lbs camping trailer, so it's not being babied. Only had to replace suspension compressor for air ride, and the rest has only been REGULAR maintenance.

Beyond Disappointed with vehicle and GM service!
By georgiagirls on 01/09/14 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm glad I came across this website! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who was obviously sold a lemon!!! For a minute, I thought maybe I was losing my mind in terms of the various things my car was going. "Did my lights really just flicker on and off?" "Did my car really just start popping out CD's, even though I didn't press eject?" I got my Tahoe in 2006 and began having issues with it around 2008. My lights would flash on/off, the doors would lock/unlock, it would sporadically shut down in the middle of the road, and now I'm having issues with it starting. Now that I finally have the car paid for, the traction issue has started....go figure. This car is CRAP!!!

BUYER BEWARE. GM going bankrupt again, one customer at a time.
By fordee7 on 01/07/14 15:04 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that I purchased new for $49,000. The dash is cracked in 2 spots. Looking online, this is a rampant issue with nearly every Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, etc since 2007… GM will not issue a recall even though they know it is a widespread problem. The Service Manager and Service Advisor at AutoNation Superstition Springs both told me this is a common and rampant issue with all vehicles with this dash design (Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, etc) Their offer to me is that I pay a $400 'deductible' to replace this junk dash. Brian, the 'Team Lead' in the Central Texas office of GM Customer Assistance refutes responsibility but acknowledges this is a common problem. Don't buy GM!

Oil consumption problem. Motor damage.
By choward41 on 09/05/13 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I feel I have been taken advantage of by GM. My wife called me today while driving my daughter back from a doctors appointment to tell me the engine was making a funny noise. I asked all the normal questions if any trouble lights are on or what all the gauges say. Everything was normal. I told her to drive to nearby dealership. Ended up oil was low. $150 dollars later in rental car fees for 1 day and $100 service oil was added and some additive also for sound when engine was running which will sit over night for check in morning. I start researching on-line and called a family member that works at a chevy dealership and I am shocked!Well documented cases of major oil loss issues.

Really? It needs a new engine at 80K?
By kumanos on 06/18/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought I was getting a great deal to purchase an 07 Tahoe with 58K, but at 80K, it left me high and dry at the side of the road. The valve spring broke, dropping the valve and ruining the piston. Just past the 5 year/1000 Warranty. After it was all said and done, I paid an engine rebuilding place to fix my existing motor (thank God the block was not damaged) $3600 to rebuild my motor. Wish rear seats laid flat for more interior cargo space. Chevy dealership only wanted to sell me a new GM motor for $7,000. Will never go to the dealership, they do nothing but gouge. Young Chevrolet, East Dallas... buyer beware.

Some cheap parts but has the reliable drivetrain expected with Chevrolet
By leland5 on 04/04/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I originally bought my tahoe used and noticed a few quality problems. The interior is mostly cheap plastic that often cracks, peels, and does not last for more than four years. This is surprising due to the high price for this vehicle. The bumpers are not metal and provide no protection for this vehicle. Nevertheless, the drivetrain and 4X4 system is nothing short of what is expected from a Chevrolet. I have had no problems with the engine transmission, transfer cases or any major electrical problems. This car is fun to drive, handles better than any other SUV on the market, can handle any terrain and has a huge interior.

Bought New over 100K miles and Going Strong!
By boeknows on 03/02/13 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Jaguars, Land Rover... Bar-none this is the most reliable vehicle ive owned. I feel like im sitting in my family room leather couch. Im 6'3'' 250lbs. and fits like a charm. GM has out done itself on its SUV's

Great truck....almost too good
By blakeg on 11/25/12 20:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have almost 90,000 miles on my 4x4 T-hoe. I have driven her up and down the California coast off roads and camping, snowboarding in the mountains, weekly daily driver So cal traffic, towed small boat/jetskies/dirt bikes at times, and it sits outside on a peninsula at the beach (damp saline weather) for over 6 years. It's been a great truck. Obviously after 6 years things are going to wear and turning over the big V8 burns fuel, tires, brakes, batteries, assorted plastic buttons....if you can't run with the big dogs get off the porch. It's comfy and has great road presence. I'm stoked so far - hope to have the same review in 100,000 more miles

Too Many Problems
By msgtaylor on 11/22/12 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many issues with this vehicle after the 4th year. The cylinder was misfiring causing the truck to shut down in the middle of the street. Also, we paid $1,100 for sensors to be replaced before we were able to get a tag last year. This year has been the worse. Despite $2,000 in repairs the check engine light has yet to go off. There is no warranty at this point. The Tahoe is sitting in my driveway because I can't get a tag with the check engine light on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.