Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Defects Galore
By rigrig

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Tahoe in December 2006, Till this day it still has "Stabilitrack" message on panel. Suv goes about 15 Mph all of a sudden, and then doesn't go past 45 Mph. Had it serviced twice in past. Two years ago door chrome handle peeled off again. Had them replaced once. Steering wheel peeled completely. Other older problems that warranty didn't cover, Seat belt casing fell off of back seat. Dashboard is cracked in 3 places. Paint on trim faded a couple months after buying it. Rear defrost wire is unsoldered. Battery has been replaced twice. But maybe it just uses a lot of electricity. Not satisfied with this vehicle. Will never buy another "Chevy"

Bought New over 100K miles and Going Strong!
By boeknows

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Jaguars, Land Rover... Bar-none this is the most reliable vehicle ive owned. I feel like im sitting in my family room leather couch. Im 6'3'' 250lbs. and fits like a charm. GM has out done itself on its SUV's

Too Many Problems
By msgtaylor

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many issues with this vehicle after the 4th year. The cylinder was misfiring causing the truck to shut down in the middle of the street. Also, we paid $1,100 for sensors to be replaced before we were able to get a tag last year. This year has been the worse. Despite $2,000 in repairs the check engine light has yet to go off. There is no warranty at this point. The Tahoe is sitting in my driveway because I can't get a tag with the check engine light on.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the exterior paint. It's spacious and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better engine.

Chevrolet sucks
By mrswinnie

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe started to do some weird things. It would cut off and lock me in the truck. Then after a few minutes, it would start again like nothing was wrong. The radio has completely gone out and the lights flicker. Took it to Chevrolet and they did an electrical test, claimed nothing was wrong. I just needed a battery. Got the battery worked fine for 2 days and went back to doing the same thing. Here it is a year later, it never got fixed and I just went to start it and it won't come start. Chevrolet is the worst at customer service as well as building vehicles. I will never buy another one as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

None!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues and customer service needs training on how to treat the customers!!

Truth in Mileage
By lostbowl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After trading in my 99 Yukon for a 2007 Tahoe with the 4-6-8 modulation and flex fuel capable engine I am totally disappointed with the poor fuel economy! After 20 K, on the clock, and living in the country where all the driving is highway the average is 15.2. Much less than the 99 Yukon.