Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2007 Cheney Tahoe LT
By rolland93

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck about six months ago it has been reliable safe and fun to have and it's more fuel-efficient than our old expedition. It's plenty a room but beware if you buy one make sure you get the bang for your buck I have an LT but I also have a customer that has the same year LT as I do and he has features unlike mine , sunroof GPS , 4X4 an automatic footboards.

Favorite Features

Knowing that is reliable safe and well built

Suggested Improvements

The same as usual the cheap plastic interior the dashboard is cracked the buttons impressions have worn off and scratches are visible and Chevrolet please quit putting plastic on your vehicles. Fades and looks cheap

124K and still Reliable
By Scott Sierzega

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Z71 Tahoe has needed minimal mechanical attention. 1st set of Brakes and Tires were at 75 to 80K miles (and I tow a Boat in summer months). At 100K I had the Rear Differential, Front Differential, Transfer Case, Transmission, and Anti Freeze fluids and Filters changed. As well as Spark Plugs, Wires and Serpentine Belt. All as preventative Maintenance. At about 110K my Driver Side Wheel Bearing replaced, and about 120K my Passenger side Wheel Bearing replaced. This truck is as beautiful as any 8-9 yr old Truck can be. This vehicle has NEVER left me stranded or been towed due to mechanical failure. My opinion, Paint and Interior have outlasted anything in its year range.

Great truck
By fleder

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was a little skeptical about buying it,i got a LT with only 60k i went to the dealer to get a 40k SUV with 40k miles but i decided to wait,i saw this 07 with 60k one owner all records clean title etc etc,i got it for a very low price,very good deal! i had it for few months now and it feels great....drives perfect and its very roomy,feels like i am driving a pantoon boat with a lazy boy chair,handles very good in the city,and great,comfortable on road,great on gas too,if you buy a large SUV like this one you really dont care about that!,as soon i bought it i do all maintenance on it,so i expect to get at least 100k more,i dont regret it and very happy with,not problems yet

Favorite Features

very roomy ,reliable comfortable no issues here

Suggested Improvements

i wish it was more powerful 320 hp its not enough to take off i know its a heavy one but i wish it was a little faster

Defects Galore
By rigrig

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Tahoe in December 2006, Till this day it still has "Stabilitrack" message on panel. Suv goes about 15 Mph all of a sudden, and then doesn't go past 45 Mph. Had it serviced twice in past. Two years ago door chrome handle peeled off again. Had them replaced once. Steering wheel peeled completely. Other older problems that warranty didn't cover, Seat belt casing fell off of back seat. Dashboard is cracked in 3 places. Paint on trim faded a couple months after buying it. Rear defrost wire is unsoldered. Battery has been replaced twice. But maybe it just uses a lot of electricity. Not satisfied with this vehicle. Will never buy another "Chevy"

What a truck!
By al3310065

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Shocked to find all these negative reviews! Bought my 2007 LTZ 4wd used 2 years ago, and it has been ROCK SOLID! It had 70K (or 50,000mi.) and I've driven it 30K in 2 yrs (now has about 65,000mi.) I'm hoping it continues strong as it continues to age. For now: looks like new and drives like new! Everybody thinks my truck is fresh off the assembly line. MOST of the mileage was done while pulling my 6000lbs camping trailer, so it's not being babied. Only had to replace suspension compressor for air ride, and the rest has only been REGULAR maintenance.

Favorite Features

Will tow a house, it's a tank in the snow and it drives like a limo! LOVE IT!