2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: It's not perfect, but it's per

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic)

It's not perfect, but it's perfect for me
By dardson on

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you absolutely gotta have the room an SUV provides (my job requires it), nothing comes close to Tahoe's bang-for- the-buck. After I negotiated, added the rebate + my 3k in GM Card money, and GM kicked in a $500 gas card, I didn't pay much more than a loaded-up Camry. My Z71 (2wd and yes they started offering 2wd in '06) had one add to the base sticker, XM. The Z71 is basically an LT without the 3rd seat + a few incidentals. I drive it conservatively and get 15+mpg mostly city driving. It does everything about as well as anyone could expect from a tall, 2 ton SUV. So far, it's been as trouble-free as my last 2 Tahoes were.

XM. Mileage (compared to my old Expediton it's an econo-car) Nice ride. Rattle-free interior. Electric folding outside mirrors. Aggressive stance, and relatively small size compared to other SUV's. Value (these trucks come pretty much loaded)

Make it corner like a sports car. Gotta say it will run like crazy in a straight line, but it is not tempting to weave it through traffic