2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Couldn't ask for more
By old-farmer on 03/04/10 20:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Most of my miles are hiway and at 65 mph I've gotten 20 mpg while at 55 mph I've gotten 22 mpg! The ride is great, looks great and it's been pretty trouble free. What else can I say!

Really Safe and Tough
By CP on 02/16/10 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car for driving long distances and stuck in So. Cal. traffic. Excellent safety! Trust it riding with your family. Ran into a large deer, totaled my front end, but not a scratch or bump on me. Reliable Chevy, like always, it starts in frigid temperatures. Wouldn't trade it for any gas-saving toy car any day.

minor annoyances
By oscar on 02/02/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV.17-18mpg over the 100k miles on 4.6L V-8. Great A/C. Low road noise. Pulls 23' boat well.No side airbags, yet my 2002 had em and they saved my life in a major accident in 06. Rear door speakers went out after two years, door speakers are now bad. dash and steering illumination no longer work. Fog lamps always burn out and lens covers fall off. Seem to replace headlights and taillight often. No major repair expenses. Good buy for the $.

Real Nice Ride
By Bob Reeves on 09/24/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thus far it has been a great ride. Overall perforamnce and reliability has been excellent. I have not had to take it in for any issues since I purchased it in Feb. 2006. I am extremely pleased with it.

It's not perfect, but it's perfect for me
By dardson on 08/27/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you absolutely gotta have the room an SUV provides (my job requires it), nothing comes close to Tahoe's bang-for- the-buck. After I negotiated, added the rebate + my 3k in GM Card money, and GM kicked in a $500 gas card, I didn't pay much more than a loaded-up Camry. My Z71 (2wd and yes they started offering 2wd in '06) had one add to the base sticker, XM. The Z71 is basically an LT without the 3rd seat + a few incidentals. I drive it conservatively and get 15+mpg mostly city driving. It does everything about as well as anyone could expect from a tall, 2 ton SUV. So far, it's been as trouble-free as my last 2 Tahoes were.

Performance of 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
By KEVIN KILCOYNE on 07/29/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable, comfortable ride for an SUV. Smooth operation, very good transmission. Very good overall performance, satisfied owner.

Great alternative to the mini-van
By KAD on 04/03/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the Tahoe to replace the mini- van that finally broke beyond repair. We are a family of 7 and everyone loves the room, ride, and comfort of the Tahoe. I'm getting better gas mileage than anybody I talk to with an equivalent type vehicle.

'06 Tahoe
By Jrr on 02/15/06 03:33 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck lots of options and fun to drive. We purchased a top of the line LS and still are trying to get all the gadgets figured out.

Very happy
By Performance on 02/07/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been a Ford family for years.Based on friends reviews & comments bought an '06 LT loaded. This auto makes the Explorer seem as if is still in the Ice Age. We couldn't be happier. Wife is main driver & was concerned about size but one day later said her fears were gone & she loves it!! We had an 04 explorer that I hated to drive as it was so uncomfortable & noisy & slow & crappy gas mileage(10-12 in town) with V6, and had only 7K on odometer!This veh has great 5.3 V8, quiet ride, comfort, easy handling, and wife won't let me drive it hardly at all.I should say I have an '04 Cady DeVille, and yet would just as soon drive the Tahoe as my car. I think that says it all.

Can't Beat A Tahoe
By Taylor on 01/18/06 21:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe looks awesome because it is awesome. I got my Tahoe after doing lots of research and deciding it could not be beat. I got it fully loaded except 4WD which I hope I will not regret. It has performance like no other but the drawback is the gas mileage. I was only getting 15 miles to the gallon but now I am getting 17 with the K&N Airfilter. The Bose speakers are the best.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.