2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Sort Reviews by

Very happy
By Performance

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been a Ford family for years.Based on friends reviews & comments bought an '06 LT loaded. This auto makes the Explorer seem as if is still in the Ice Age. We couldn't be happier. Wife is main driver & was concerned about size but one day later said her fears were gone & she loves it!! We had an 04 explorer that I hated to drive as it was so uncomfortable & noisy & slow & crappy gas mileage(10-12 in town) with V6, and had only 7K on odometer!This veh has great 5.3 V8, quiet ride, comfort, easy handling, and wife won't let me drive it hardly at all.I should say I have an '04 Cady DeVille, and yet would just as soon drive the Tahoe as my car. I think that says it all.

Favorite Features

OnStar, Bose, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Dress up interior a little more.

I really like mine
By Sheri

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have the LT model and I love it. It handles really well. Turning radius and parking are not a problem. After reading the comments on sore bottoms, I feel like the seats could be more comfy, but I'm not certain if I'm noticing something I otherwise wouldn't have. I have to say, that the seats are much more comfortable than the ones in the Toyota Sequoia. Maintaining the legroom, it would have been nice if there was more cargo space w/out having to fold down the rear row of seats -- I didn't want a full lenghth Suburban. The styling is elegant, if not trendy. And speaking of legroom, the driver's seat has plenty of legroom, this is important if you are tall like me.

Favorite Features

Nice sound/music system.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo space.