Used 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

BEST I'VE EVER OWNED
By Doris Patterson

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a Chevrolet Caprice Classic; a Pontiac LeMans Sports Coupe; a Pontiac Bonneville; and a Mazda 626 and a 2009 Blazer. Knew for a long time what I wanted, but settled for a Blazer. 4x4. It was ok, but not what I had been wanting. Decided they weren't getting any cheaper;finally locate the Tahoe. It was in another state; Bose speakers; burgundy; 3 row seats. Bought it in January 2006. Drove 300 miles to get it. Never looked back. The mileage is 17.7. And I guess that's ok for as large a vehicle it is. I travel in my job every 3-4 months and I'm never tired when I arrive. The Tahoe is everything I ever wanted. It looks like new. I've had several people wanting to buy it.

Favorite Features

I love the feel of a large, heavy vehicle; it's easy to back and easy to see all around it.

Suggested Improvements

Not really anything.

Very happy
By Performance

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been a Ford family for years.Based on friends reviews & comments bought an '06 LT loaded. This auto makes the Explorer seem as if is still in the Ice Age. We couldn't be happier. Wife is main driver & was concerned about size but one day later said her fears were gone & she loves it!! We had an 04 explorer that I hated to drive as it was so uncomfortable & noisy & slow & crappy gas mileage(10-12 in town) with V6, and had only 7K on odometer!This veh has great 5.3 V8, quiet ride, comfort, easy handling, and wife won't let me drive it hardly at all.I should say I have an '04 Cady DeVille, and yet would just as soon drive the Tahoe as my car. I think that says it all.

Favorite Features

OnStar, Bose, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Dress up interior a little more.

I really like mine
By Sheri

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have the LT model and I love it. It handles really well. Turning radius and parking are not a problem. After reading the comments on sore bottoms, I feel like the seats could be more comfy, but I'm not certain if I'm noticing something I otherwise wouldn't have. I have to say, that the seats are much more comfortable than the ones in the Toyota Sequoia. Maintaining the legroom, it would have been nice if there was more cargo space w/out having to fold down the rear row of seats -- I didn't want a full lenghth Suburban. The styling is elegant, if not trendy. And speaking of legroom, the driver's seat has plenty of legroom, this is important if you are tall like me.

Favorite Features

Nice sound/music system.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo space.