Used 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

BEST I'VE EVER OWNED
By Doris Patterson

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV w/1WT (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a Chevrolet Caprice Classic; a Pontiac LeMans Sports Coupe; a Pontiac Bonneville; and a Mazda 626 and a 2009 Blazer. Knew for a long time what I wanted, but settled for a Blazer. 4x4. It was ok, but not what I had been wanting. Decided they weren't getting any cheaper;finally locate the Tahoe. It was in another state; Bose speakers; burgundy; 3 row seats. Bought it in January 2006. Drove 300 miles to get it. Never looked back. The mileage is 17.7. And I guess that's ok for as large a vehicle it is. I travel in my job every 3-4 months and I'm never tired when I arrive. The Tahoe is everything I ever wanted. It looks like new. I've had several people wanting to buy it.

Favorite Features

I love the feel of a large, heavy vehicle; it's easy to back and easy to see all around it.

Suggested Improvements

Not really anything.

Couldn't ask for more
By old-farmer

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Most of my miles are hiway and at 65 mph I've gotten 20 mpg while at 55 mph I've gotten 22 mpg! The ride is great, looks great and it's been pretty trouble free. What else can I say!

Favorite Features

Comfortable inside and out, mileage, mileage, mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Sorry none that I can think of.

Really Safe and Tough
By CP

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car for driving long distances and stuck in So. Cal. traffic. Excellent safety! Trust it riding with your family. Ran into a large deer, totaled my front end, but not a scratch or bump on me. Reliable Chevy, like always, it starts in frigid temperatures. Wouldn't trade it for any gas-saving toy car any day.

Favorite Features

Reliable, roomy, sturdy built.

Suggested Improvements

Miss the interior compartments and frills of my 1998 Blazer. The back seats don't fold completely down. Would have liked a place for a cooler and garage door opener.

minor annoyances
By oscar

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV.17-18mpg over the 100k miles on 4.6L V-8. Great A/C. Low road noise. Pulls 23' boat well.No side airbags, yet my 2002 had em and they saved my life in a major accident in 06. Rear door speakers went out after two years, door speakers are now bad. dash and steering illumination no longer work. Fog lamps always burn out and lens covers fall off. Seem to replace headlights and taillight often. No major repair expenses. Good buy for the $.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy has been 17-18mpg. Better than my v-6 4runner. Cold A/C. Comfortable seating for front pass.

Real Nice Ride
By Bob Reeves

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thus far it has been a great ride. Overall perforamnce and reliability has been excellent. I have not had to take it in for any issues since I purchased it in Feb. 2006. I am extremely pleased with it.

Favorite Features

Leather seats (heated) are a nice plus as are the folding mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggested inprovement would be to add a few more inches for rear storage. Not looking for a Suburban type vehicle though.