My 2005 Z71
By dammitjim1 on
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have always admired the look of the Z71 Tahoe, particularly in black. IMO, no Tahoe and not many other SUV's look better than this. When I was notified by GMAC that I could "Pull Ahead" 9 months early on my '02 Trailblazer lease, and they gave me some other incentives as well,I jumped at the chance. The comfort, ride and handling of the Z71 is outstanding - equal to or better than any car I've ever driven. At 75 MPH, the ride is smooth and quiet, with the engine positively loafing at less than 2K RPM I am very pleased after nearly 1 month of ownership. If the reliability holds up over the 48 month Smartbuy, I'll probably be driving a new Tahoe off the lot at Bast Chevy in 2008
Favorite Features
Ride, handling, and comfort are outstanding. The sound of the XM radio coming through the Bose speakers is great, and the DVD does a solid job of keeping the back seat quiet. Steering wheel stereo and Onstar controls are a nice touch.
Suggested Improvements
Cheap plastic dash material is out of place on a $40K+ truck. This needs some serious improvement. Some features available on '04 have been dropped - seat position recall from key fob, for example. Rain sense wipers would also be useful. Fuel economy...not something you look at if you want a Tahoe!