My 2005 Z71
By dammitjim1 on
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have always admired the look of the Z71 Tahoe, particularly in black. So when GM offered me the Pull Ahead option on my '02 Trailblazer LTZ lease, along with some other financial incentives, I jumped at the chance to acquire the Tahoe. After a test drive and a bit of negotiation, I drove my new Z71 home. The ride, comfort and handling are outstanding - equal to or better than any car I've ever driven. Very surprising for such a large vehicle. The sound of XM radio coming through the Bose speakers is awesome, and the kids love the DVD. This is still the "honeymoon" phase. If the reliability holds up over the 48 SmartBuy period, I'll probably be driving a Tahoe in 2008.
Favorite Features
Ride, comfort and handling are top notch, and the Z71 is beautiful in black. The XM radio will make you want to drive when you don't need to! The DVD keeps the back seat quiet. The additional space offered by the 2nd row buckets lets our Chocolate Lab, Otis ride with us instead of the cargo area.
Suggested Improvements
Some features found on less expensive Chevy trucks surprisingly left out - like rainsense wipers. This was a great thing on the Trailblazer - why leave them off the Tahoe? For 2005, the key fob can no longer activate the seat recall position like in prior years. DUMB, GM, DUMB!!! Why leave this out?