Love my '05 Tahoe Z71 4X4
By Mike on
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've owned my '05 Tahoe since July of this year and love it! Before this I owned a '98 Jeep Cherokee XJ and the Tahoe's ride is luxury compared to the Cherokee. It handles very well considering it's size and very easy to drive. Bumps in the road are barely felt. It has a nice 'cushy' feeling when it goes over bumps and dips. Not harsh at all. I've taken it off road once (very mild) and it handled itself very well. I know the Jeep brand has its heritage in off-roading but the Tahoe did just fine in minor situations. I feel confident driving in the rain too. I've gone through puddles on the freeway with the Jeep and felt a little hydroplaning but the Tahoe just drove through them.
Favorite Features
I love that the Z71 model is a complete package. I also love the rear flip up glass to access the rear cargo vs. having to open the entire cargo hatch. The leather seating is very comfortable and the heated seats are great for those cold mornings.
Suggested Improvements
I would say better fuel economy but it looks like they've taken care of that for the new '07 models. Standard side curtain air bags would be nice.