Long haul
By xyzbill on
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
This is a great vehicle - It is small enough to use as a daily driver - is easy to drive around town - easy to park and rides and handles good. Where this SUV really shines is on a long trip - just came back from a 2,480 mile vacation - my family including 2 dogs (a 7 # Chihuahua & 90 # Golden) 12 large bags, cooler and other misc. stuff all fit inside the vehicle. I guess the weight of passengers / cargo etc. was over 1,000 pounds - set the cruise on 77 MPH and got 19.2 MPG. Handled the drive through Denver / Loveland pass (close to 12,000 ft above sea level) and never even broke a sweat. From 85 degree heat in Houston to -12 in Keystone, CO the HVAC always kept the cabin the right temp.
Favorite Features
Love the passing power from the 5.3L V8, HVAC system keeps me cool even if temp is over 100. The rear seat AC with its own controls. I have driven the Tahoe in some very bad weather - heavy rain, ice covered roads, deep & blowing snow. Compared to a car it is much better in bad weather.
Suggested Improvements
Don't like the stock tires - I replaced them for Michelin M/S Be nice if the front seats would tilt all the way back - I have the 3rd row seats but took them out - should have the ability to fold the 3rd row into the floor like on then Expedition.