Dress It Up!
By 1st Tahoe on
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned several cars/SUV's in the past. I replaced a BMW 325xi with my Z71. I bought the Tahoe for 31k with 12K miles. Previous owner put 20" rims, dual side exhaust, all window tinted, nav, 6 disc, remote start, xeon lights and high flow air. Stands Out. I tow a 27' powerboat with the truck. Can't even tell it is being pulled. Ride great, handles better than expected. 13.2 mpg average. Driven as primary car in sales job, I use the nav system everyday. Powerseats and adjustments a must! XM radio great for N. MN and NW WI. Have owned 2 Honda Passports, Jeep Wrangler, Pontiac Bonneville, Dodge Durengo, BMW 325 xi, BMW i. Must say the Tahoe is the overall the most fun to drive.
Favorite Features
Nav system, xeon lights, high visability, power folding mirrors (car wash and ramps) 3rd row seats and captians chairs. Road trip with playstation on the DVD player makes time fly. Rips through the snow, turn radius better than expected
Suggested Improvements
If it has rained and you open the window you will get wet (water runs off roof and flows onto arm). Need to add window covers to keep rain out. Large gaps between body panels (compaired to bmw's) No option for rear camera on 05's...avalible on 06's. Wished it had overdrive for highway travel.