2005 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Chevy disappointment

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Review

A Chevy disappointment
By Johnny B on

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ecstatic was my state for the first 4 months of ownership. No accidents. But In the 2 yrs of ownership, Tahoe was shop ridden 3 times for steering column 'lubrication' and twice for electronics defects. Chevy and GMC know about the poorly designed steering column. however, they refuse to replace it instead only temporarily fix with lubrication package and it is underwarranty. So now I am stuck with a $40K quazi-lemon worth only $22k bc of the poorly held value of Chevy. I have grown up a Chevy guy, and still love the power and drive of the '05 Tahoe, but the mechanical problems of this brand new vehicle are a huge dissapointment. Sorry Chevy, but I am going to look at Toyotas.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort. 5.3L V8 provides ample power for such a large SUV. Large cargo capacity. Easily removable 3rd row seats.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical and electronic quality. If I hold onto this SUV past warranty, I feel as though it is going to nickle and dime me to empty pockets for manufacturer defects.