2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Long haul
By xyzbill on 01/04/05 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle - It is small enough to use as a daily driver - is easy to drive around town - easy to park and rides and handles good. Where this SUV really shines is on a long trip - just came back from a 2,480 mile vacation - my family including 2 dogs (a 7 # Chihuahua & 90 # Golden) 12 large bags, cooler and other misc. stuff all fit inside the vehicle. I guess the weight of passengers / cargo etc. was over 1,000 pounds - set the cruise on 77 MPH and got 19.2 MPG. Handled the drive through Denver / Loveland pass (close to 12,000 ft above sea level) and never even broke a sweat. From 85 degree heat in Houston to -12 in Keystone, CO the HVAC always kept the cabin the right temp.

my new used Tahoe
By Jimmie on 01/03/05 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought the truck from a 1 owner who kept great care of the car. It has two security systems and only 37000 miles I couldnt be happier. Love the memory seats and great performance.

great
By jose on 12/31/04 02:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

No problems, I own two Hondas and I wish that they would make something of equal size. I will buy another Tahoe

Best SUV ever!!
By Jeromy H on 12/29/04 20:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After a long wait I finally pulled the trigger on my new Z-71 Tahoe. After trading up from a 96 2Dr. to this 2005 there is no comparison. Too many favorites to list here....

Excellent First Impression
By William on 12/23/04 05:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 2005 Tahoe Z-71 just over three weeks ago, after years of Ford SUVs and most recently a Sequoia. Impressed with the smooth power and ride of this vehicle, XM radio and OnStar system. Seats are comfortable, four-wheel drive system is excellent and Bose speakers are top notch. Surprisingly, the quality seems as good as the Sequoia initially, and better than the Fords I've had (Expeditions, Explorers, an Escape and a Mercury Mountaineer). Like the conservative styling. SUVs are primarily designed to be functional, not beautiful though this is an attractive, rugged looking vehicle in Z-71 trim.

Love this car
By sweets on 12/19/04 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

..never thought I'd like a Chevy. Fun to drive, 17mph in town, 26 on hwy (not too bad for a large SUV). Lots of fun bells & whistles. Just a few little adjustment would make it perfect!!

My 2005 Z71
By dammitjim1 on 12/08/04 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always admired the look of the Z71 Tahoe, particularly in black. IMO, no Tahoe and not many other SUV's look better than this. When I was notified by GMAC that I could "Pull Ahead" 9 months early on my '02 Trailblazer lease, and they gave me some other incentives as well,I jumped at the chance. The comfort, ride and handling of the Z71 is outstanding - equal to or better than any car I've ever driven. At 75 MPH, the ride is smooth and quiet, with the engine positively loafing at less than 2K RPM I am very pleased after nearly 1 month of ownership. If the reliability holds up over the 48 month Smartbuy, I'll probably be driving a new Tahoe off the lot at Bast Chevy in 2008

g m's junk
By jim j on 11/30/04 16:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Tailgate shows open when closed. Dealer has had it 3 times. Not fixed. Certified letter went to gm a few days ago. No answer yet. When car is shut off after heating up, the shield above the muffler BANGS for several minutes after. Dealer 3 times, not fixed. Signal seeker radio only stops on 1/2 of the stations available. Dealer 3 times, not fixed. No control of lights when opening doors without them coming on. I like control. NO door, except drivers, can be opened with key. Drivers seat back cannot be tilted when back seat is down. Poor gas mileage. My Cadillac get twice as good mileage as tahoe.

Two thumbs up!
By Tom Welds on 11/28/04 06:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent ride.. tough on fuel..

My 2005 Z71
By dammitjim1 on 11/23/04 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always admired the look of the Z71 Tahoe, particularly in black. So when GM offered me the Pull Ahead option on my '02 Trailblazer LTZ lease, along with some other financial incentives, I jumped at the chance to acquire the Tahoe. After a test drive and a bit of negotiation, I drove my new Z71 home. The ride, comfort and handling are outstanding - equal to or better than any car I've ever driven. Very surprising for such a large vehicle. The sound of XM radio coming through the Bose speakers is awesome, and the kids love the DVD. This is still the "honeymoon" phase. If the reliability holds up over the 48 SmartBuy period, I'll probably be driving a Tahoe in 2008.