Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Al

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Tahoe is the best vehicle I ever owned. I had a Dodge Grand Caravan prior to this and I disliked it. Poor quality interior, and uncomfortable. I've owned a lot of vehicles and also own a 1979 Corvette. I like driving my Tahoe better. My next vehicle? A Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Everything about it

What a Joy
By mrgn4shw

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my old 98 Tahoe for 2005. Even with the price of fuel, still glad I did it. I feel safer and the comfort of the ride is great. Holds dogs, grandkids and pulls a horse or boat trailer. Put the seats down or take them out and have tons of room for luggage and a place for another person to rest while doing cross country trip. I am getting 16 mi per gallon on the highway and 14-15 around town. I love my Tahoe

Favorite Features

Love the DVD entertainment center, especially when hauling grandkids around The heated seats are a must even in warm weather helps with the arthritis, sun roof is fun but not a must

Suggested Improvements

Hand holds to get in/out of cargo area when the 3rd row is out. Getting your balance and stablizing yourself is hard. Could get hurt with one wrong move. Three single seats in 2 row, its very hard to lift the dbl seat up. these might not be issues for men but for short women it is.

Yeah, baby!
By Big E

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been waiting a long time to be able to buy a Tahoe, and I'm not disappointed. The CD player stopped working recently and OnStar did not work when new. Dealer service and satisfaction has been excellent and way more than I expected.

Favorite Features

Satellite Radio, Built in Garage Door Opener, Smooth Ride, Good Fuel Mileage (18/21 - for this size vehicle!), Steering Wheel-mounted Radio Controls, Trip Computer

Suggested Improvements

Improve some interior materials and exterior fit/finish.

Z71 Tahoe
By Step

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very capable off road vehicle that is great for trail riding. Try it the kids will love it. I have forded streams about 2 feet high, climbed many of hills, and even did some er, little mud. (Takes too long to clean) I am very happy with the ride the performance and the room it has. The kids have the DVD and the parents have the BOSE system, Sweet! There are always things you would like more of but this one is a great as is package. If you want some cheap performance additions try a single exit Corsa exhaust, Airaid cold intake and spacer. This makes it sound great and helps highway performance and gas mileage. (+2MPG improvement)

Favorite Features

4wd AUTO for bad weather, Comfort on the highway and offroad capability

Suggested Improvements

5 speed or 6 speed Auto Trans,

Whining sound from air conditioner
By noise listener

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was very happy when I first purchased my Tahoe. Once I hit 400 miles I noticed a whining noise coming from the air conditioner. Sounded like a bad belt? Per 2 Chevy dealerships it is a noise that is considered "normal operating noise". This is driving me crazy!! Now I am dealing with GM. They said ALL GM's have the same noise. But I have never heard it in any vehicle I have been in. If I had to do all over I would have never bought it. I would prefer a quiet air conditioner. I will see if GM really stands behind their products.... and 100% satisfaction guaranteed!!

Favorite Features

Everything. Comfort, speed, ride.

Suggested Improvements

The back door is too heavy and hard to close. The air conditioner obviously. Fuel economy, water poors in window if it is cracked a little bit and it is sprinkling out.