Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Love my Tahoe
By Margaret Wise

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a small travel trailer and was driving a Buick Rainier. I just love the Tahoe, but was afraid it was too big. We had Suburban's and a Yukon before this, but this handles so much better, you would swear you were driving something the size of the Rainier. All my previous experiences with full size SUV's has been put to bed. This is fun, easy and a real kick to drive. Not to mention the looks it gets with its great style and presence.

Paint, interior, XM Radio and navigation system. She's a real go getter!

Back up indicator, to let you know if you are close to something, very hard to see rear of vehicle when backing.

One Great SUV
By Bill V

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of Trucks and several SUV's and this rig is hands down my favorite of all times. It is Fun to drive, very comfortable and pull my camping trailer like it's not there. The Tahoe is solid and has a lot of power, I'm able to pull my trailer up a steep grade leading to our favorite camp ground at 55 MPH, my old SUV could only go 25 MPH max. The gas mileage is not bad for such a large SUV on a recent trip I was able to get 18 MPG. I didn't want the on- star but it came with it and now I could not live without it, the hands free phone it a great feature and works were my flip phone wont.

The easy to uses 4 wheel drive. Air conditioning and heating works great and east to use. Love the 6 CD changer and On-Star. Drives like a luxury car.

The rear seat head rest couses a bad blind spot. The 3rd row seats are mostly useless ok for a child. It would be nice if they would include a brake controler with the tow package. I wish that GPS was standard equipment.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Al

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Tahoe is the best vehicle I ever owned. I had a Dodge Grand Caravan prior to this and I disliked it. Poor quality interior, and uncomfortable. I've owned a lot of vehicles and also own a 1979 Corvette. I like driving my Tahoe better. My next vehicle? A Tahoe.

Everything about it

What a Joy
By mrgn4shw

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my old 98 Tahoe for 2005. Even with the price of fuel, still glad I did it. I feel safer and the comfort of the ride is great. Holds dogs, grandkids and pulls a horse or boat trailer. Put the seats down or take them out and have tons of room for luggage and a place for another person to rest while doing cross country trip. I am getting 16 mi per gallon on the highway and 14-15 around town. I love my Tahoe

Love the DVD entertainment center, especially when hauling grandkids around The heated seats are a must even in warm weather helps with the arthritis, sun roof is fun but not a must

Hand holds to get in/out of cargo area when the 3rd row is out. Getting your balance and stablizing yourself is hard. Could get hurt with one wrong move. Three single seats in 2 row, its very hard to lift the dbl seat up. these might not be issues for men but for short women it is.

Yeah, baby!
By Big E

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been waiting a long time to be able to buy a Tahoe, and I'm not disappointed. The CD player stopped working recently and OnStar did not work when new. Dealer service and satisfaction has been excellent and way more than I expected.

Satellite Radio, Built in Garage Door Opener, Smooth Ride, Good Fuel Mileage (18/21 - for this size vehicle!), Steering Wheel-mounted Radio Controls, Trip Computer

Improve some interior materials and exterior fit/finish.