Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Love my '05 Tahoe Z71 4X4
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my '05 Tahoe since July of this year and love it! Before this I owned a '98 Jeep Cherokee XJ and the Tahoe's ride is luxury compared to the Cherokee. It handles very well considering it's size and very easy to drive. Bumps in the road are barely felt. It has a nice 'cushy' feeling when it goes over bumps and dips. Not harsh at all. I've taken it off road once (very mild) and it handled itself very well. I know the Jeep brand has its heritage in off-roading but the Tahoe did just fine in minor situations. I feel confident driving in the rain too. I've gone through puddles on the freeway with the Jeep and felt a little hydroplaning but the Tahoe just drove through them.

I love that the Z71 model is a complete package. I also love the rear flip up glass to access the rear cargo vs. having to open the entire cargo hatch. The leather seating is very comfortable and the heated seats are great for those cold mornings.

I would say better fuel economy but it looks like they've taken care of that for the new '07 models. Standard side curtain air bags would be nice.

SUV king
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much an optimized SUV.There is a reason why so many people buy these trucks ! My family and I are enjoying the heck out of it ! The only issue I have is with the gearing, GM went with the 3.42 rear gear instead of the 3.73 ( which the 2004 and older units had ) I the intrest of fuel economy. Drivability however has been sacrificed at certain cruising speeds.The truck is not turning enough RPM's in top gear, and provides a sluggish feel below 75 MPH. Which is problem considering there are not to many places that allow you to drive that fast ! However, @ 85 MPH I think I'm only turning 2200 RPM's, talk about a highway cruiser !!!

Bose stereo with XM !

5- speed transmission

I love this SUV
By jp

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Tahoe within 2 years. I purchased it new and loaded and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage is good and I'll purchase another Tahoe most probably in 2007. Love this SUV!

Heated seats, DVD, 6 CD player, all extras and the comfort of the drive!

Put DVD's in the head rests instead of in the ceiling. With two grandchildren this would be absolutely great. Also, have heated seats in the 2nd row.

Great Vehicle
By Comfortable Ride

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Roomy but very easy to drive. I love to drive this vehicle. My kids love this vehicle and on a long drive it is the utmost of comfort.

Design - inside and out. It is safe and easy to manage.

The factory stereo - a nicer looking one - Delco is dead.

Love it
By greg

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love how comfortable it rides. It looks good and has a lot of room inside to haul things. You can make a lot of adjustments to have the Tahoe fit your needs.

Heated seats, dvd player, XM, OnStar, room

A little bigger running board to help you get in. Make sure you have enough air in your tires otherwise when it gets cold a warning light will come on.