2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Hot & Cold Tahoe
By 1stTimeChevy on 03/29/05 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Picked up loaded Z71 on 02/17/05. We love the interior room and the smooth ride. Interior plastic is too cheap for a $40K+ vehicle - shame on GM! Gas mileage could be better but 16-17 isn't too bad for this size truck. Used 4x4 once and it seemed okay. Climate control makes a loud thump when energized - dealer says this is normal? Passenger side has a buzzing noise at 40-45 mph that can't be isolated - maybe wind noise? Had a major water leak on the rear hatch. Dealer claimed it was a faulty wiring harness compromising the gasket - we'll see if they were right. Overall still skeptical about truck - within 30 days of ownership it's been in the shop 7 days.

I loved my friend's Tahoe...I bought one
By Michelle on 03/22/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I can't say enough good things about our Tahoe. It is sturdy, safe, reliable, beautiful, roomy, handsome (male drivers or female), great in Ohio snowy weather, easy to drive (& I am a petite woman), classy and sporty all in one. My husband and I enjoyed our friend's Tahoe so much, we vowed that we would also get one for our family. We are a family of 7...tired of driving the "mom mobile van" for many years, I now feel young and sporty in this SUV. It seats 8 people comfortably. A good buy if you are looking for an SUV.

2005 Tahoe Z71 - Only drawbacks
By Steven - Detroit on 02/17/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My new 2005 Tahoe Z71 came with a faulty tire pressure sensor. Already have to take in for service. Driver side window sprayer plugged - I repaired. Noticeable height variance to brake pedal over gas pedal. May prove to be a safety issue. Watch for recalls to close the variance in height in future months.

Complete Junk!
By lewis on 02/13/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Every time we turn around there is a problem, since we've had it, its been in the shop 5 times. When pulling a trailer it will not hold back on hills and the four wheel drive isn't that good. The back seats are totally uncomfortable and there's little leg room in the third row.

Love my Z71
By Bucky Buchanan on 02/12/05 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Used to drive an Excursion, but now have the Tahoe Z71. Much better performance, while not as big, inside seems as spacey. Better gas mileage also.

Loving It!
By Ruby Dillon on 02/12/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my Mercury Mountaineer for the Tahoe and always loved the Mountaineer until I drove the Tahoe. It's so roomy and comfortable, drives like a luxury car. It has wonderful visibility and so many extra features that makes it such a great vehicle to be in.

Love My Tahoe!
By ollysha on 01/22/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We love our Tahoe. The only, only, only thing we do not like about is the power button on the radio, the black is coming off. We called our dealer and we are covered under warranty but they will have to replace the entire radio. The car is strong and has good "get up and go". We got the 3rd row seat which we keep stored and put a plastic liner in the back. The rear A/C is AWESOME; each row has two vents and it works fast! The CD changer in dash is sooo convenient and never skips. The 4x4 feature is amazingly easy to use. We will keep this car for a long time! We did buy small round mirrors to put on side mirrors and this made traffic easier to deal with.

Tahoe....pulls like an ox
By James Levy on 01/15/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I tow my race car and trailer all over the Eastern Seaboard...weighing in at 5500 lbs, this is no easy task. I find that going up the hills of Pennsylvania, NY, WV and NC with the accelerator flat on the floor, transmission in 2nd and pulling long hills at 4200-4500 RPM is not a problem. Its fun to drive, relatively comfortable, reasonably economical gas- wise and has flawless performance...LIKE A ROCK.

owner
By Mary on 01/15/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Compared to a 1996 Tahoe and 1999 suburban that I previously owned, this one is the most fun! Handling is great in parking lots and has a lot of power to get by the trucks on highway. The interior is driver friendly, with controls at your finger tips!

Tahoe, America's Reflection of Greatness
By dngorham on 01/06/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this Tahoe for a month and I have to say that the handling and 4X4 Autotrack is exceptional. All I do is just step on the gas when in AUTO mode and it senses the wheel slippage and 4wheel drive kicks in without even feeling anything. I had just bought a 2004 Ford F350 of which I only had 7000 miles on when I traded in. I had trouble with the 4wheel drive system and it was a monster to steer when in 4X4. Nothing, smooth there at all or dependable. Especially when you are getting on in years. Chevy workers my hats off to you and the American worker. If we can make a vehicle like this. No reason why we can't accomplish anything.