Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Finally ... An SUV I Can Enjoy
By pchamp

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a vehicle this large before, but it doesn't drive like a big truck. I find myself actually enjoying road trips with my family of 7.

Favorite Features

Unlike most SUV's, you can actually fit people in the 3-rd row.

Love it
By C Merkle

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is reliable, confortable, and I do enjoy driving and riding in it. The mileage is getting better as time goes on and is about 2 mpg better than my 2003 model. It is very roomy and has more space than the Ford SUV's. Thanks Chevy

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
By Maria

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Tahoe is fun to drive. It is sporty with lots of pick up and go yet it still hauls loads well. The interior is extremely comfortable. GM improved the design from the former 1999 Tahoe I had in the past. They put more consideration in for the passengers comfort as well as the driver. It handles very well with extremely good handling on corners and through snow and slushy conditions. Although the gas mileage isn't the greatest (15.9 in the city and 20+ highway)I highly recommend this vehicle.

Love my '05 Tahoe Z71 4X4
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my '05 Tahoe since July of this year and love it! Before this I owned a '98 Jeep Cherokee XJ and the Tahoe's ride is luxury compared to the Cherokee. It handles very well considering it's size and very easy to drive. Bumps in the road are barely felt. It has a nice 'cushy' feeling when it goes over bumps and dips. Not harsh at all. I've taken it off road once (very mild) and it handled itself very well. I know the Jeep brand has its heritage in off-roading but the Tahoe did just fine in minor situations. I feel confident driving in the rain too. I've gone through puddles on the freeway with the Jeep and felt a little hydroplaning but the Tahoe just drove through them.

Favorite Features

I love that the Z71 model is a complete package. I also love the rear flip up glass to access the rear cargo vs. having to open the entire cargo hatch. The leather seating is very comfortable and the heated seats are great for those cold mornings.

Suggested Improvements

I would say better fuel economy but it looks like they've taken care of that for the new '07 models. Standard side curtain air bags would be nice.

SUV king
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much an optimized SUV.There is a reason why so many people buy these trucks ! My family and I are enjoying the heck out of it ! The only issue I have is with the gearing, GM went with the 3.42 rear gear instead of the 3.73 ( which the 2004 and older units had ) I the intrest of fuel economy. Drivability however has been sacrificed at certain cruising speeds.The truck is not turning enough RPM's in top gear, and provides a sluggish feel below 75 MPH. Which is problem considering there are not to many places that allow you to drive that fast ! However, @ 85 MPH I think I'm only turning 2200 RPM's, talk about a highway cruiser !!!

Favorite Features

Bose stereo with XM !

Suggested Improvements

5- speed transmission