2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I Love It!
By Gennifer on 06/29/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

No problems thus far. A great family car, easy in/easy out. Feels very safe, which was very important becuase of the kids. OnStar is one of the best features. Air conditioner will blow you away! We added 20 in. wheels and had the driver/passenger's windows tinted. Also added a DVD for the kids. We truly have an awesome car that no longers looks "stock" due to tinting/wheel size. This ride rocks.

Could not be happier
By Very Satisfied on 06/29/05 12:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have owned. Everything about the truck is awesome. I feel in control when I am behind the wheel. The handling is responsive, as well as the acceleration. I do not have to worry about being in someone's blind spot, or someone not seeing me and trying to change lanes into the lane I am in. I can't begin to say enough great things about this automobile. It is a joy to drive. The removable third row and DVD entertainment package are an awesome addition when you have children on long trips. The driver's memory and heated front seats are excellent too. This is a great automobile.

My z71 Tahoe
By Glenn Prescott on 06/25/05 08:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, we are very excited about our Z71 Tahoe. We love to drive it, but are not excited about the gas mileage. Getting 11.9 MPG in town due to buying low rear axle ratio for heavy towing, but other than that, it's a great vehicle

Super SUV
By Neal on 06/19/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This happens to be the the finest vehicle I have owned (except for my 64 GTO) The comfort of this living room on wheels is unmatched. Critics might complain about the gas mileage, but when you realize that you are in a safe , comfortable, powerfull vehicle you will understand. Build quality is not an issue. I traded in an '02 Highlander Ltd. for my Tahoe, best move I could make.

The bomb
By Greg on 06/14/05 05:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Since purchasing this vehicle a month ago and putting 2000 miles on it I can say that my wife and I both enjoy driving it. I would recomend anyone that is in the SUV market to consider the Tahoe.

Chevroloet Tahoe
By David on 05/28/05 09:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the instrument pannel replaced due to a malfuction or defect. The vehicle has been very good for my family and the overall performance has been outstanding.

Great High Speeds or Slow
By Dean C Kaul on 05/19/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the car for winter use and for long trips. It is the best road car we have ever had. It is quiet and comfortable. We get to our destination far more rested than with our previous SUV's from another manufacturer. The commanding height of the driver always lets you know what's ahead. For the passenger, it is like watching from the window of a passenger train.

My Z71 review
By Candace Smith on 05/03/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in October of 2004 and have been highly pleased with EVERYTHING! The first thing that attracted me to the Z71 was it's exterior image...sharp! The looks between the plain Tahoe and the Z71 are significant. I have never felt so safe and secure with my SUV, compared to many SUV's. The lumbar seats are comforting and roomy...not to mention the 3rd row seats!! I got mine equipped with OnStar and XM which add to security and luxury. They come with 17 inch wheels that totally suit the look of the Z! Pure comfort, reliability, and pure style come along my very first Tahoe. Thanks!

Z-71 Experience
By Rick Gorham on 04/12/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth ride w/ excellent towing capacities. Hatch door better than barn door which obscures view. Leather appointments hold up well. Large mirrors which give good visual impacts. Steering is tight and a/c makes some noise....trying to cool down the big interior. Computer set- up not easy to learn and evaluate

Awesome SUV!!!
By Kathy on 04/02/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Tahoe our family has owned and we love them. We have had a 2002 LT, a 2004 Z71, and our current purchase of 2005 Z71. Excellent comfort and ride. Love the DVD system for our 2 small children. Although it is a large SUV, ease of children in and out is great. Nothing "cheap" feeling about this car. Have look at many other competitors and certain interior features have been skimped on by manufacturer. Gas mileage is average and what to be expected from a V8 vehicle. Love this SUV and woud highly recommend to anyone-family or individual:)