2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Impressed
By Johnsay on 08/20/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My first SUV and it's great. Smooth, powerful, comfortable, roomy. Outstanding gas mileage for such a large vehicle (20-22MPG). Mine has NO options yet seems extremely well equipped.

Love It...Love It...Love It...
By Vanessa on 08/17/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. Perfect for the family. It is also so much fun to drive. You feel like the king of the road or in my case queen. It is an extremely sturdy vehicle and so heavy, you really don't feel any of the bumps on the road.

Hot Radio/Drive Train Problems
By Debi on 08/16/05 21:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Tahoe since December 2004. From the first day, both radios have been extrememly hot. So hot to the point you cannot keep your hands on them. Now for the past 3 months, the transmission slips, sometimes it sticks between neutral and drive. Sometimes the transmission kicks into drive, then slips back into neutral. This has been a horrible experience. The dealership cannot find any transmission problems. I have no idea why it is doing this, but, I am ready to end this Tahoe nightmare.

Like it .. Love it
By CheriSki on 08/08/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I like this Tahoe, but am going to make some changes. it needs bigger rims and tires, a DVD system, and the glass needs to be darker. Once that is done, I will go from Like it to Love it. It drives great, can fit 3 full size car seats in the back and the AC is freezing.

Most Advanced SUV I Ever Owned
By 38Commander on 08/07/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up my 2005 Tahoe. Has every option, including NAV system, XM satelite radio, DVD, etc. I love this truck more than my Corvette! It's like taking my family room on the road. I only wish it would go longer distance on a tank of gas. About 12 miles per gallon (OUCH)

My toy
By nancy weisman on 07/31/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a lot of vehicles, and owned quite a few. I love my Tahoe. It's everything you need in a vehicle. The mileage could be better, but I like it anyway.

Nothing compares to the Z71 2005 Tahoe
By Brenda on 07/29/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2001 2 WD Tahoe for the Z71 2005 package. My Tahoe is black. Most significant things I've noticed are visibility, power, looks, and strength. I'm 53 years old, and this is the best vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning. I've had more fun in this truck....I can say even more than my 1969 Mach I and 1973 Black Charger (ss - special edition). I'm in love. Thank you Chevy, and thank you for giving us a better price.

Tim's big Red Tahoe
By Tim on 07/16/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This my first Chevy SUV, which is all I've have been talking about getting for 5 years. I love my Tahoe. Its big enough for our family, plus keeping all my work gear in the back. Our son can't wait to turn on the DVD player. I, on the other hand, can't wait to use the GPS system on our first road trip to somewhere that we have never been before. My wife loves its roomieness plus the fact our son can watch his DVD's and we can still listen to the XM radio. I will buy another Tahoe down the road.

Jet Black
By John Early on 07/12/05 23:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far everything has been great..the fuel economy isn't that bad, it's a very confortable ride, and the air conditioner will freeze you out. Great sound system, and OnStar is an asset

I Love It!
By Gennifer on 06/29/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

No problems thus far. A great family car, easy in/easy out. Feels very safe, which was very important becuase of the kids. OnStar is one of the best features. Air conditioner will blow you away! We added 20 in. wheels and had the driver/passenger's windows tinted. Also added a DVD for the kids. We truly have an awesome car that no longers looks "stock" due to tinting/wheel size. This ride rocks.