Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Tahoe
By Wanda

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far more comfortable than any other SUV that I have driven. I am sure that my next vehicle will be a Tahoe as well. I had test driven quite a few before I settled on this one. I can seat eight people very comfortably.

I really love the heated seats in the winter and all of the climate controls. My son loves being able to plug in to a different station for his favorite music than what I will be listening to. I enjoy the XM satellite.

'05 Tahoe OK
By TahoeOwner

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great utility vehicle. Comfortable to drive, handles well for its size. Gets about 17 MPG in mixed (mostly highway) driving.

Great in snow, and off road conditions. Handles well on higway also.

Interior has some rattles and seems a bit on the cheap side.

A Chevy disappointment
By Johnny B

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ecstatic was my state for the first 4 months of ownership. No accidents. But In the 2 yrs of ownership, Tahoe was shop ridden 3 times for steering column 'lubrication' and twice for electronics defects. Chevy and GMC know about the poorly designed steering column. however, they refuse to replace it instead only temporarily fix with lubrication package and it is underwarranty. So now I am stuck with a $40K quazi-lemon worth only $22k bc of the poorly held value of Chevy. I have grown up a Chevy guy, and still love the power and drive of the '05 Tahoe, but the mechanical problems of this brand new vehicle are a huge dissapointment. Sorry Chevy, but I am going to look at Toyotas.

Ride comfort. 5.3L V8 provides ample power for such a large SUV. Large cargo capacity. Easily removable 3rd row seats.

Mechanical and electronic quality. If I hold onto this SUV past warranty, I feel as though it is going to nickle and dime me to empty pockets for manufacturer defects.

Great SUV
By Phil Moore

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall vehicle, very comfortable and fun to drive. Has lots of features and is very well built. It has a great ride and is very stable on the road.

Six disc changer in the dash with XM radio. Stereo and other function buttons on the steering wheel.

I would recommend inproving the steering feel. It's too soft, not enough feedback thru the steering wheel.

Blessed to be driving my Tahoe
By Lovinmytahoe

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been looking for a vehicle for about 6 months.I previously owned a Chevy Blazer with about 200,000 miles, so we definitely got our money worth.We know we wanted something American Made, so we looked at the Tahoe's & Yukon's. By far the Tahoe is the best out there! We weren't necessarily looking for all the bells and whistles, but we sure found it. We ended up purchasing the LT Autoride fully loaded, and wow, what a GREAT ride! We took my parents (who have always owned Cadillac's) and they said that it rides BETTER than a Cadillac! It is so quiet and smooth, but yet so powerful.

I really like the Autoride, it was explained to us that it uses some kind of air suspension, so that the ride is very smooth and quiet. BOSE radio system is great! Sunroof is a lot of fun! It is very roomy and you really feel safe driving! I absolutely love having OnStar! Love the larger V8

Everyone warned me about getting one due to gas prices, but to me it's well worth it and it's not as bad as they say. My previous vechile was so old that it was not as fuel efficient. If gas is a problem condsider the Flex fuel...that is a great alternative to gas!