2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Al on 11/15/05 01:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Tahoe is the best vehicle I ever owned. I had a Dodge Grand Caravan prior to this and I disliked it. Poor quality interior, and uncomfortable. I've owned a lot of vehicles and also own a 1979 Corvette. I like driving my Tahoe better. My next vehicle? A Tahoe.

What a Joy
By mrgn4shw on 11/10/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my old 98 Tahoe for 2005. Even with the price of fuel, still glad I did it. I feel safer and the comfort of the ride is great. Holds dogs, grandkids and pulls a horse or boat trailer. Put the seats down or take them out and have tons of room for luggage and a place for another person to rest while doing cross country trip. I am getting 16 mi per gallon on the highway and 14-15 around town. I love my Tahoe

Yeah, baby!
By Big E on 11/08/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been waiting a long time to be able to buy a Tahoe, and I'm not disappointed. The CD player stopped working recently and OnStar did not work when new. Dealer service and satisfaction has been excellent and way more than I expected.

Z71 Tahoe
By Step on 10/25/05 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very capable off road vehicle that is great for trail riding. Try it the kids will love it. I have forded streams about 2 feet high, climbed many of hills, and even did some er, little mud. (Takes too long to clean) I am very happy with the ride the performance and the room it has. The kids have the DVD and the parents have the BOSE system, Sweet! There are always things you would like more of but this one is a great as is package. If you want some cheap performance additions try a single exit Corsa exhaust, Airaid cold intake and spacer. This makes it sound great and helps highway performance and gas mileage. (+2MPG improvement)

Whining sound from air conditioner
By noise listener on 10/10/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was very happy when I first purchased my Tahoe. Once I hit 400 miles I noticed a whining noise coming from the air conditioner. Sounded like a bad belt? Per 2 Chevy dealerships it is a noise that is considered "normal operating noise". This is driving me crazy!! Now I am dealing with GM. They said ALL GM's have the same noise. But I have never heard it in any vehicle I have been in. If I had to do all over I would have never bought it. I would prefer a quiet air conditioner. I will see if GM really stands behind their products.... and 100% satisfaction guaranteed!!

Unusual
By C. Taylor on 10/04/05 01:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With aftermarket Michelin Pilots (18 inch), I average 19-20 mpg. This is partly attributable to fuel efficiencies that GM developed over time. I try to tell as many people as possible, since I think the perception is that big SUVs get 10 or less. This is my second Tahoe - I traded in a 2004.

Almost Perfection
By John Barth on 09/29/05 11:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my Z71 Tahoe in December of 2004 and I love it. I wanted that car for several years and I finally talked my parents into getting it for me before I left for college. Before my Tahoe I had a Jeep Wrangler, which was fun, but I wanted a better car. Since I've gotten it I receive at least one compliment a day on my car. I love it. The only other thing I want to say is I wish it had better fuel economy and I hope you try to keep the tradition Tahoe look in the new 2007 models, I wouldn't want Tahoe's to become futuristic looking like most cars do today.

Love it!
By elynne on 09/29/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

With the exception of a taillight that fell off the day after purchase, which I believe is not a frequent occurence, and the dome light which fell down 3 times in the week I bought it, I love it! I haven't had any problems with it and it's fun to drive.

Tahoe owner
By Reddhead on 09/20/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tahoe in June of this year and I am really satisfied. I only have 2 regrets and that is that I did not go up to the LT and that I don't better gas mileage especially with the price of gas, but other than that I have gotten several compliments on my new truck. I purchased the Bermuda blue metallic and it truly does turn heads with/without having rims which I am considering.

Tahoes are awesome
By Tahoe Boy on 09/15/05 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have been wanting a Tahoe for at least the last 7 years and finally was able to get one. I love to drive this vehicle. The seats are supportive and comfortable. It looks great. Drives smooth and effortlessly. Has enough room for people and / or stuff. The doors feel solid and tight.