Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Still a great car
By gmcbride

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe and it's still a great car. I am driving a 4.8 liter two-wheel drive model that is delivering some incredible highway gas mileage. Plus, the interior creature comforts make it a real joy to own. I bought this one with only 31,200 miles and it is just like new. Oh yes, OnStar rocks!

LS, 2wd, 4.8 litre, third row seat, OnStar, cloth.

Great overall Large size SUV
By Michelle

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, the Z71 package gives this vehicle nice curb appeal and I love the Blue Metallic paint, looks blue or teal green depending on how the light hits it. It has the Z71 details that set it apart from the base model Tahoe.

XM radio, OnStar, DVD player & 3rd row seat. Great if you have children or need to transport up to 7 passengers.

Better gas mileage but mine is giving me 14.9 mpg city and 19-21 mpg hwy.

LT tahoe
By 02duty

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 tahoe LT with every possible option (Navi, leather,sunroof,DVD, 5.3 V8,etc). The vehicle runs great but has major flaws. First, the A/C doesn't blow cold when it's hot outside.(Not a dealer fix...it's just horrible) At highway speeds the wind/road noise is unbearable. The seatbelt chime is so loud I can hear it inside my house if the car is in the driveway. The tranny slips once every so often. (Dealer said this is normal?!?) Third row jump seats are too heavy. $49k sticker and no back-up sensors or keyless pad entry?! I'm not a Chevy hater, I've had them before...but give me a break. I needed the room for kids and now I'm suffering. Buy the 07 or buy a toyota sequioa.

Navigation, sunroof, DVD. Nothing ingenius that others don't already have.

Fold flat third row. Better navigation screen with buttons that don't flake off. More horsepower. This thing is gutless.

Tahoe
By Wanda

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far more comfortable than any other SUV that I have driven. I am sure that my next vehicle will be a Tahoe as well. I had test driven quite a few before I settled on this one. I can seat eight people very comfortably.

I really love the heated seats in the winter and all of the climate controls. My son loves being able to plug in to a different station for his favorite music than what I will be listening to. I enjoy the XM satellite.

'05 Tahoe OK
By TahoeOwner

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great utility vehicle. Comfortable to drive, handles well for its size. Gets about 17 MPG in mixed (mostly highway) driving.

Great in snow, and off road conditions. Handles well on higway also.

Interior has some rattles and seems a bit on the cheap side.