Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Defects
By SSgt. Pore

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchase my Tahoe for work and family transportation. I love it but the maintenance issue is complicating. The muffler has an internal heats that the rivets have become loose inside and makes the muffler continuously rattles and the dashboard speedometer needle frequently stick causing unidentifiable speeds when driving.

DVD, CD changer OnStarXm Radio and heated seats

modify muffle and adjust speedometer needle

Worst Vehicle I ever bought
By herrmajj

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission, 3 seperate wiring issues, steering column, new cluster, seat adjustments went crazy and would try to smash you into the dash and now upcoming differential work. That is not to mention how uncomfortable the seats are for a long drive. The kids cannot put the seats all the way back in the second row because the armrest hits the side of the interior. Very disappointed. List price as equipped 54K and thought I got a deal at 31K. Guess I was wrong. Going to see if I can get in a Sequoia.

XM, OnStar.

Build it like you were actually going to have to drive one yourself.

Don't Buy One
By azvincent

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tahoe new in 05. Big mistake. Since week one, I had nothing but problems. I owned the vehicle a little over three years and only had 15k on the odometer when I finally got rid of it. With only 15k miles, I had the Tahoe at the dealership 14 times for multiple problems from minor to major. I was actually told by a representative at the dealer “Who knows, maybe the car was built on a Friday”. I took a huge bath on the depreciation but it was well worth the cost to get it out of my driveway. I replaced the Tahoe with a Subaru Forester and have been happy ever since. If you have money to throw away, by all means drive a Tahoe. I don’t think GM will ever figure it out.

Interior room.

Reliability, gas mileage, warranty, quality, road noise, dealer service and overall value for your money.

Rock Steady..One Owner...60k miles
By Peter C.

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new after exhaustive research and have loved it since day 1. No major (or for that matter even minor) repairs - just oil changes and other regularly scheduled maintenance. Have 2 little kids and 2 dogs so it's been on some long vacation road trips and been perfect for that and for just tooling around town. Easy to drive and not afraid to go "off-road" (I'm in Arizona-partly rural area). Been in it for over 3 years now and am still in the honeymoon phase - just a great vehicle! Get about 18mpg overall.

DVD player (necessity with kids). Reliability. Easy to drive. Look, durability

Heavy 3rd row seats that don't fold down

So far so good
By Steve

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up a nice used Z71 in Bermuda Blue at a Chevy dealer. It was a good time to buy in New England since values have could down a lot do to gas prices and the economy. Had two Nissan Pathfinders so making my way back to owning a Chevy again and I hope I'm not disappointed. The truck fits our needs since I can take it on my hunting trips and on the beach surf fishing. It drives very well with good power and lots of nice options. Should be able to pull my dad's Robalo 2440 with the 3:42 rear axel and 335lb of torque. The interior could use better moldings and the rear seat is not easy to fold. The sound system is impressive and OnStar & XM are nice options if you want them.

Good power, nice bucket seats, Driver information controls, Bose system, 3rd seat, DVD for the kids

3rd row folds flat, upgrade interior moldings.