2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Finally ... An SUV I Can Enjoy
By pchamp on 01/13/06 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a vehicle this large before, but it doesn't drive like a big truck. I find myself actually enjoying road trips with my family of 7.

Love it
By C Merkle on 01/08/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is reliable, confortable, and I do enjoy driving and riding in it. The mileage is getting better as time goes on and is about 2 mpg better than my 2003 model. It is very roomy and has more space than the Ford SUV's. Thanks Chevy

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
By Maria on 01/03/06 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Tahoe is fun to drive. It is sporty with lots of pick up and go yet it still hauls loads well. The interior is extremely comfortable. GM improved the design from the former 1999 Tahoe I had in the past. They put more consideration in for the passengers comfort as well as the driver. It handles very well with extremely good handling on corners and through snow and slushy conditions. Although the gas mileage isn't the greatest (15.9 in the city and 20+ highway)I highly recommend this vehicle.

Love my '05 Tahoe Z71 4X4
By Mike on 12/28/05 18:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my '05 Tahoe since July of this year and love it! Before this I owned a '98 Jeep Cherokee XJ and the Tahoe's ride is luxury compared to the Cherokee. It handles very well considering it's size and very easy to drive. Bumps in the road are barely felt. It has a nice 'cushy' feeling when it goes over bumps and dips. Not harsh at all. I've taken it off road once (very mild) and it handled itself very well. I know the Jeep brand has its heritage in off-roading but the Tahoe did just fine in minor situations. I feel confident driving in the rain too. I've gone through puddles on the freeway with the Jeep and felt a little hydroplaning but the Tahoe just drove through them.

SUV king
By Jim on 12/19/05 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much an optimized SUV.There is a reason why so many people buy these trucks ! My family and I are enjoying the heck out of it ! The only issue I have is with the gearing, GM went with the 3.42 rear gear instead of the 3.73 ( which the 2004 and older units had ) I the intrest of fuel economy. Drivability however has been sacrificed at certain cruising speeds.The truck is not turning enough RPM's in top gear, and provides a sluggish feel below 75 MPH. Which is problem considering there are not to many places that allow you to drive that fast ! However, @ 85 MPH I think I'm only turning 2200 RPM's, talk about a highway cruiser !!!

I love this SUV
By jp on 12/18/05 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Tahoe within 2 years. I purchased it new and loaded and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage is good and I'll purchase another Tahoe most probably in 2007. Love this SUV!

Great Vehicle
By Comfortable Ride on 12/17/05 10:06 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Roomy but very easy to drive. I love to drive this vehicle. My kids love this vehicle and on a long drive it is the utmost of comfort.

Love it
By greg on 12/03/05 07:50 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love how comfortable it rides. It looks good and has a lot of room inside to haul things. You can make a lot of adjustments to have the Tahoe fit your needs.

Love my Tahoe
By Margaret Wise on 12/01/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a small travel trailer and was driving a Buick Rainier. I just love the Tahoe, but was afraid it was too big. We had Suburban's and a Yukon before this, but this handles so much better, you would swear you were driving something the size of the Rainier. All my previous experiences with full size SUV's has been put to bed. This is fun, easy and a real kick to drive. Not to mention the looks it gets with its great style and presence.

One Great SUV
By Bill V on 11/15/05 23:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of Trucks and several SUV's and this rig is hands down my favorite of all times. It is Fun to drive, very comfortable and pull my camping trailer like it's not there. The Tahoe is solid and has a lot of power, I'm able to pull my trailer up a steep grade leading to our favorite camp ground at 55 MPH, my old SUV could only go 25 MPH max. The gas mileage is not bad for such a large SUV on a recent trip I was able to get 18 MPG. I didn't want the on- star but it came with it and now I could not live without it, the hands free phone it a great feature and works were my flip phone wont.