2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Still a great car
By gmcbride on 04/16/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe and it's still a great car. I am driving a 4.8 liter two-wheel drive model that is delivering some incredible highway gas mileage. Plus, the interior creature comforts make it a real joy to own. I bought this one with only 31,200 miles and it is just like new. Oh yes, OnStar rocks!

Great overall Large size SUV
By Michelle on 01/31/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, the Z71 package gives this vehicle nice curb appeal and I love the Blue Metallic paint, looks blue or teal green depending on how the light hits it. It has the Z71 details that set it apart from the base model Tahoe.

LT tahoe
By 02duty on 09/08/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 tahoe LT with every possible option (Navi, leather,sunroof,DVD, 5.3 V8,etc). The vehicle runs great but has major flaws. First, the A/C doesn't blow cold when it's hot outside.(Not a dealer fix...it's just horrible) At highway speeds the wind/road noise is unbearable. The seatbelt chime is so loud I can hear it inside my house if the car is in the driveway. The tranny slips once every so often. (Dealer said this is normal?!?) Third row jump seats are too heavy. $49k sticker and no back-up sensors or keyless pad entry?! I'm not a Chevy hater, I've had them before...but give me a break. I needed the room for kids and now I'm suffering. Buy the 07 or buy a toyota sequioa.

Tahoe
By Wanda on 06/19/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far more comfortable than any other SUV that I have driven. I am sure that my next vehicle will be a Tahoe as well. I had test driven quite a few before I settled on this one. I can seat eight people very comfortably.

'05 Tahoe OK
By TahoeOwner on 02/05/07 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great utility vehicle. Comfortable to drive, handles well for its size. Gets about 17 MPG in mixed (mostly highway) driving.

A Chevy disappointment
By Johnny B on 01/05/07 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ecstatic was my state for the first 4 months of ownership. No accidents. But In the 2 yrs of ownership, Tahoe was shop ridden 3 times for steering column 'lubrication' and twice for electronics defects. Chevy and GMC know about the poorly designed steering column. however, they refuse to replace it instead only temporarily fix with lubrication package and it is underwarranty. So now I am stuck with a $40K quazi-lemon worth only $22k bc of the poorly held value of Chevy. I have grown up a Chevy guy, and still love the power and drive of the '05 Tahoe, but the mechanical problems of this brand new vehicle are a huge dissapointment. Sorry Chevy, but I am going to look at Toyotas.

Great SUV
By Phil Moore on 12/17/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall vehicle, very comfortable and fun to drive. Has lots of features and is very well built. It has a great ride and is very stable on the road.

Blessed to be driving my Tahoe
By Lovinmytahoe on 05/22/06 07:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been looking for a vehicle for about 6 months.I previously owned a Chevy Blazer with about 200,000 miles, so we definitely got our money worth.We know we wanted something American Made, so we looked at the Tahoe's & Yukon's. By far the Tahoe is the best out there! We weren't necessarily looking for all the bells and whistles, but we sure found it. We ended up purchasing the LT Autoride fully loaded, and wow, what a GREAT ride! We took my parents (who have always owned Cadillac's) and they said that it rides BETTER than a Cadillac! It is so quiet and smooth, but yet so powerful.

Dress It Up!
By 1st Tahoe on 04/06/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several cars/SUV's in the past. I replaced a BMW 325xi with my Z71. I bought the Tahoe for 31k with 12K miles. Previous owner put 20" rims, dual side exhaust, all window tinted, nav, 6 disc, remote start, xeon lights and high flow air. Stands Out. I tow a 27' powerboat with the truck. Can't even tell it is being pulled. Ride great, handles better than expected. 13.2 mpg average. Driven as primary car in sales job, I use the nav system everyday. Powerseats and adjustments a must! XM radio great for N. MN and NW WI. Have owned 2 Honda Passports, Jeep Wrangler, Pontiac Bonneville, Dodge Durengo, BMW 325 xi, BMW i. Must say the Tahoe is the overall the most fun to drive.

Great SUV
By 07tahoeguy on 02/23/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hands down currently the best overall Full Size SUV on the market today. If you haven't had a test drive yet, get out there. One Warning, if you drive it, you will be sold. GM has stepped it up, Gen 3 is the real deal.