Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great Truck
By MFoxx

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had my truck very long, but it's been great! It's comfortable and fun to drive. My wife loves it!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

CD player sticks some.

Expensive Mechanical Nightmare
By smp

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Paid $47000 including a $3000 extended warranty. Drove for 3 1/2 years before it needed a new radiator and transmission-$4000. Radiator cracked and fluids were mixing. Also found out the ext warranty co. went bankrupt so not only are we out $3000 for warrant but another $4000 for the repair. Now 9 months later needs another $1000 repair, the transfer something or other. Drive switches from 2WD to 4WD at random and no one can find anything wrong with it. Speedometer breaks at random for a few days, usually on a trip, then starts working again. Will NEVER purchase a GM vehicle again. Biggest hunk of junk ever. Fun to drive but a mechanical nightmare.

Love my Tahoe
By Austin

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning my Tahoe and never regretted buying it. The DVD player has been awesome with the grandchildren and also the 3rd seat. Only had a few minor problems, car seat adjust and speed odometer quit working, but that was at 72k miles and the dealer fixed the odometer free. Wasn't great on gas but I expected that when I bought it.

Favorite Features

Love the seats and just the overall view inside and out. Very comfortable on road trips.

Suggested Improvements

3rd sit adjustment as far as removing, other than that nothing

Defects
By SSgt. Pore

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchase my Tahoe for work and family transportation. I love it but the maintenance issue is complicating. The muffler has an internal heats that the rivets have become loose inside and makes the muffler continuously rattles and the dashboard speedometer needle frequently stick causing unidentifiable speeds when driving.

Favorite Features

DVD, CD changer OnStarXm Radio and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

modify muffle and adjust speedometer needle

Worst Vehicle I ever bought
By herrmajj

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission, 3 seperate wiring issues, steering column, new cluster, seat adjustments went crazy and would try to smash you into the dash and now upcoming differential work. That is not to mention how uncomfortable the seats are for a long drive. The kids cannot put the seats all the way back in the second row because the armrest hits the side of the interior. Very disappointed. List price as equipped 54K and thought I got a deal at 31K. Guess I was wrong. Going to see if I can get in a Sequoia.

Favorite Features

XM, OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Build it like you were actually going to have to drive one yourself.