Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Z71 Tahoe
By Step

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very capable off road vehicle that is great for trail riding. Try it the kids will love it. I have forded streams about 2 feet high, climbed many of hills, and even did some er, little mud. (Takes too long to clean) I am very happy with the ride the performance and the room it has. The kids have the DVD and the parents have the BOSE system, Sweet! There are always things you would like more of but this one is a great as is package. If you want some cheap performance additions try a single exit Corsa exhaust, Airaid cold intake and spacer. This makes it sound great and helps highway performance and gas mileage. (+2MPG improvement)

4wd AUTO for bad weather, Comfort on the highway and offroad capability

5 speed or 6 speed Auto Trans,

Whining sound from air conditioner
By noise listener

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was very happy when I first purchased my Tahoe. Once I hit 400 miles I noticed a whining noise coming from the air conditioner. Sounded like a bad belt? Per 2 Chevy dealerships it is a noise that is considered "normal operating noise". This is driving me crazy!! Now I am dealing with GM. They said ALL GM's have the same noise. But I have never heard it in any vehicle I have been in. If I had to do all over I would have never bought it. I would prefer a quiet air conditioner. I will see if GM really stands behind their products.... and 100% satisfaction guaranteed!!

Everything. Comfort, speed, ride.

The back door is too heavy and hard to close. The air conditioner obviously. Fuel economy, water poors in window if it is cracked a little bit and it is sprinkling out.

Unusual
By C. Taylor

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With aftermarket Michelin Pilots (18 inch), I average 19-20 mpg. This is partly attributable to fuel efficiencies that GM developed over time. I try to tell as many people as possible, since I think the perception is that big SUVs get 10 or less. This is my second Tahoe - I traded in a 2004.

A 5300 engine in a 2WD - it was difficult to find, but worth it.

Only the speakers in the "base" model. Surely GM can do better! Nothing other than that.

Almost Perfection
By John Barth

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my Z71 Tahoe in December of 2004 and I love it. I wanted that car for several years and I finally talked my parents into getting it for me before I left for college. Before my Tahoe I had a Jeep Wrangler, which was fun, but I wanted a better car. Since I've gotten it I receive at least one compliment a day on my car. I love it. The only other thing I want to say is I wish it had better fuel economy and I hope you try to keep the tradition Tahoe look in the new 2007 models, I wouldn't want Tahoe's to become futuristic looking like most cars do today.

Love it!
By elynne

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

With the exception of a taillight that fell off the day after purchase, which I believe is not a frequent occurence, and the dome light which fell down 3 times in the week I bought it, I love it! I haven't had any problems with it and it's fun to drive.