Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

I got my moey's worth
By Steve H.

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 Tahoe 2WD Z71 new. Went on many road trips pulling a 29 foot travel trailer. Rode and handled well every time - even with the heavy load, thanks to a weight distribution hitch. The only problem we have had since we bought it was the water pump developed a leak at 40K miles, which was 4K after the warranty expired. Since we had brought it in at 35K and mentioned that we occasionally smelled anti-freeze, and it was documented, the dealership replaced it under the factory warranty. The driver's seat also developed a tear along the outboard seam, and the dealership replaced it free of charge too. Since then, we have been more cognizant of how we exit the vehicle.

Comfort on long drives.

Chevy has already done it: incorporate an electronic trailer brake into the vehicle's dashboard so you don't have to buy one and mount it under the dash.

consumer
By L Onstad

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this item with 15,000 miles. At less that 50,000 the transmission went out. The starter has gone out and the lift hatches. Expensive repairs and too soon. I don't four wheel the car, I am a woman. I won't buy it again and they don't stand behind their product.

fold flat seats for cargo

give the same warranty as they offer for the new ones.

So Far, So Good
By Justin P

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe purchased new and it does exactly what I need it to do. I have had to use the stability control and it does work. LT w/ autoride is great. This SUV is now 5 years old and everything still works. It may not get 25+ mpg but look at the thing. Its a big SUV with a big engine. The transmission seems to know exactly when to shift and is holding up well with maintenance. I still love it.

Leather seats if you maintain them,OnStar,XM Radio,Autoride option,Memory drivers seat & 2nd row captian seats,Great ride,Good breaks,Bose sound system,tire pressure sensor and Bridgestone tires.

Steering shaft clunking noise & feel,though not a steering problem.Cruse control has to hold the exact mph @ highway speed causing downshift to 2nd and snapping your head back.Bad for mpg.Liftgate handle tends to come unhinged due to rollpins backing out of place.DVD screen in bad place.

Great Truck
By MFoxx

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had my truck very long, but it's been great! It's comfortable and fun to drive. My wife loves it!

Everything

CD player sticks some.

Love my Tahoe
By Austin

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning my Tahoe and never regretted buying it. The DVD player has been awesome with the grandchildren and also the 3rd seat. Only had a few minor problems, car seat adjust and speed odometer quit working, but that was at 72k miles and the dealer fixed the odometer free. Wasn't great on gas but I expected that when I bought it.

Love the seats and just the overall view inside and out. Very comfortable on road trips.

3rd sit adjustment as far as removing, other than that nothing