2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I got my moey's worth
By Steve H. on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 Tahoe 2WD Z71 new. Went on many road trips pulling a 29 foot travel trailer. Rode and handled well every time - even with the heavy load, thanks to a weight distribution hitch. The only problem we have had since we bought it was the water pump developed a leak at 40K miles, which was 4K after the warranty expired. Since we had brought it in at 35K and mentioned that we occasionally smelled anti-freeze, and it was documented, the dealership replaced it under the factory warranty. The driver's seat also developed a tear along the outboard seam, and the dealership replaced it free of charge too. Since then, we have been more cognizant of how we exit the vehicle.

consumer
By L Onstad on 07/03/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this item with 15,000 miles. At less that 50,000 the transmission went out. The starter has gone out and the lift hatches. Expensive repairs and too soon. I don't four wheel the car, I am a woman. I won't buy it again and they don't stand behind their product.

So Far, So Good
By Justin P on 01/31/10 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe purchased new and it does exactly what I need it to do. I have had to use the stability control and it does work. LT w/ autoride is great. This SUV is now 5 years old and everything still works. It may not get 25+ mpg but look at the thing. Its a big SUV with a big engine. The transmission seems to know exactly when to shift and is holding up well with maintenance. I still love it.

Great Truck
By MFoxx on 06/11/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had my truck very long, but it's been great! It's comfortable and fun to drive. My wife loves it!

Love my Tahoe
By Austin on 05/08/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning my Tahoe and never regretted buying it. The DVD player has been awesome with the grandchildren and also the 3rd seat. Only had a few minor problems, car seat adjust and speed odometer quit working, but that was at 72k miles and the dealer fixed the odometer free. Wasn't great on gas but I expected that when I bought it.

Don't Buy One
By azvincent on 10/26/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tahoe new in 05. Big mistake. Since week one, I had nothing but problems. I owned the vehicle a little over three years and only had 15k on the odometer when I finally got rid of it. With only 15k miles, I had the Tahoe at the dealership 14 times for multiple problems from minor to major. I was actually told by a representative at the dealer “Who knows, maybe the car was built on a Friday”. I took a huge bath on the depreciation but it was well worth the cost to get it out of my driveway. I replaced the Tahoe with a Subaru Forester and have been happy ever since. If you have money to throw away, by all means drive a Tahoe. I don’t think GM will ever figure it out.

Rock Steady..One Owner...60k miles
By Peter C. on 09/17/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new after exhaustive research and have loved it since day 1. No major (or for that matter even minor) repairs - just oil changes and other regularly scheduled maintenance. Have 2 little kids and 2 dogs so it's been on some long vacation road trips and been perfect for that and for just tooling around town. Easy to drive and not afraid to go "off-road" (I'm in Arizona-partly rural area). Been in it for over 3 years now and am still in the honeymoon phase - just a great vehicle! Get about 18mpg overall.

Love this truck
By road1will on 05/05/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this Tahoe. I've had several Suburbans before this and have loved every Suburban and Tahoe that I've had. Mine has the 4.8 so I get about 19mpg city/25hwy. I do wish I had the 5.3 for that extra grunt though..

Great overall Large size SUV
By Michelle on 01/31/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, the Z71 package gives this vehicle nice curb appeal and I love the Blue Metallic paint, looks blue or teal green depending on how the light hits it. It has the Z71 details that set it apart from the base model Tahoe.

LT tahoe
By 02duty on 09/08/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 tahoe LT with every possible option (Navi, leather,sunroof,DVD, 5.3 V8,etc). The vehicle runs great but has major flaws. First, the A/C doesn't blow cold when it's hot outside.(Not a dealer fix...it's just horrible) At highway speeds the wind/road noise is unbearable. The seatbelt chime is so loud I can hear it inside my house if the car is in the driveway. The tranny slips once every so often. (Dealer said this is normal?!?) Third row jump seats are too heavy. $49k sticker and no back-up sensors or keyless pad entry?! I'm not a Chevy hater, I've had them before...but give me a break. I needed the room for kids and now I'm suffering. Buy the 07 or buy a toyota sequioa.