2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Regret selling it everyday
By prodigy1 on 10/10/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 tahoe LS with 60k miles on it and feel I love with it! It's the best "do anything" vehicle. You can use it for family or work or towing and it even looks good all cleaned up taking the wife out on a date in a classy part of town. The 5.3 was extremely reliable and even with low Mpg's (15.5 no matter what) it was a pleasure to own and drive. We took this truck across the country multiple times and never felt fatigued after 12 hour days. It was loaded to the brim with features and never got tired of owning it. We traded it in for a "gas sipper" and every since we did, I've been miserable. I'll take the fuel cost over not being happy.

Excellent Performance
By dillonk on 07/17/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L V8 is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned! I bought it with 82,000 miles on it, and now it has 95,000 miles on it. The Tahoe can accelerate very fast for a large size vehicle. One of the reasons why I would recommend it to others. The only problem I had with it was that the clutch for the A/C and/or Heater went out. But It was a small repair, otherwise the Chevy Tahoe is the best SUV ever.

Biggest piece of junk ever!!
By gmlover777 on 12/20/11 06:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Fleet 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought one in 2007, with 61,000 Km on it. It seemed good but than again we need a truck that can haul a camping trailer, and a trailer for a boat. To our cottage and home both ways is 600km so we definitely but some good km's on it. But towards 2008-2010 when it had about 70,000Km to when we sold it, it had 97,000Km. The problems were insane. The gauges for gas was never accurate, you could fill the truck to the top, and it would only read to about half full. The alternator broke 2 times of use. The steering mechanism broke the first year. There was always a weird sound in the muffler, which the dealer could never fix. The steering would make weird noises when you would turn it left.

I got my moey's worth
By Steve H. on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 Tahoe 2WD Z71 new. Went on many road trips pulling a 29 foot travel trailer. Rode and handled well every time - even with the heavy load, thanks to a weight distribution hitch. The only problem we have had since we bought it was the water pump developed a leak at 40K miles, which was 4K after the warranty expired. Since we had brought it in at 35K and mentioned that we occasionally smelled anti-freeze, and it was documented, the dealership replaced it under the factory warranty. The driver's seat also developed a tear along the outboard seam, and the dealership replaced it free of charge too. Since then, we have been more cognizant of how we exit the vehicle.

won't buy another one
By sandyc44 on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this brand new and after 3 years the radiator had a leak and the fluids from the radiator and transmission were mixing so I needed a new radiator and transmission $4000. Neither the dealership or manufacturer would back it up. The instrument cluster went out after 2 yrs, speedometer doesn't work. Lots of rattles. It is fun to drive but now that it's over 5 years old with 140k+ miles it's very loose. Back rear window motor went out. Very expensive vehicle to buy and maintain. I had an all wheel drive Passat which handled better in the snow. Never had this many problems with any other vehicle I've owned.

consumer
By L Onstad on 07/03/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this item with 15,000 miles. At less that 50,000 the transmission went out. The starter has gone out and the lift hatches. Expensive repairs and too soon. I don't four wheel the car, I am a woman. I won't buy it again and they don't stand behind their product.

2005 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
By Blueinboro on 04/28/10 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Biggest reliability issues have been with the Encoder Motor for the transmission. Net search shows these are problematic with all Tahoe 4 wheel drive vehicles They are expensive to replace and need replacing every 2-3 years.

So Far, So Good
By Justin P on 01/31/10 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe purchased new and it does exactly what I need it to do. I have had to use the stability control and it does work. LT w/ autoride is great. This SUV is now 5 years old and everything still works. It may not get 25+ mpg but look at the thing. Its a big SUV with a big engine. The transmission seems to know exactly when to shift and is holding up well with maintenance. I still love it.

Excellent value for money
By Tarek on 11/22/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i purchased my tahoe 4 years ago, so far i didn't face any kind of problem with the car. i live in the arabian gulf so hot during summer but the cooling system and A/C are very efficient.dealer service is excellent. until this day i'm still using the original brake pad after 65000 Km and the dealer said it is still 50%

Great Truck
By MFoxx on 06/11/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had my truck very long, but it's been great! It's comfortable and fun to drive. My wife loves it!