Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2005 chevy tahoe
By georgefelix

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Fleet Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The only problem was the poor quality on the factory radiator , mix the coolant whit the trans fluid and the transmission broke down at 96 K miles , I do replaced the radiator and transmission &1500 cost part and labor , other wise , the truck is perfect family car , and still running whit no issues .

Favorite Features

Not happy whit factory radiator quality.

Suggested Improvements

Very good truck , and moos people then I know like my truck.

Regret selling it everyday
By prodigy1

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 tahoe LS with 60k miles on it and feel I love with it! It's the best "do anything" vehicle. You can use it for family or work or towing and it even looks good all cleaned up taking the wife out on a date in a classy part of town. The 5.3 was extremely reliable and even with low Mpg's (15.5 no matter what) it was a pleasure to own and drive. We took this truck across the country multiple times and never felt fatigued after 12 hour days. It was loaded to the brim with features and never got tired of owning it. We traded it in for a "gas sipper" and every since we did, I've been miserable. I'll take the fuel cost over not being happy.

Favorite Features

Options and power

Suggested Improvements

None

Excellent Performance
By dillonk

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L V8 is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned! I bought it with 82,000 miles on it, and now it has 95,000 miles on it. The Tahoe can accelerate very fast for a large size vehicle. One of the reasons why I would recommend it to others. The only problem I had with it was that the clutch for the A/C and/or Heater went out. But It was a small repair, otherwise the Chevy Tahoe is the best SUV ever.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, Dual Climate Control, Leather Seats, Big V8 engine, Built in tire gauge, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Some parts of Interior are cheap.

Biggest piece of junk ever!!
By gmlover777

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Fleet 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought one in 2007, with 61,000 Km on it. It seemed good but than again we need a truck that can haul a camping trailer, and a trailer for a boat. To our cottage and home both ways is 600km so we definitely but some good km's on it. But towards 2008-2010 when it had about 70,000Km to when we sold it, it had 97,000Km. The problems were insane. The gauges for gas was never accurate, you could fill the truck to the top, and it would only read to about half full. The alternator broke 2 times of use. The steering mechanism broke the first year. There was always a weird sound in the muffler, which the dealer could never fix. The steering would make weird noises when you would turn it left.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Sun Roof, Heated Seats, Captain seats, DVD Player, Color was a teal-blue

Suggested Improvements

Everything mechanical, trust me if you need a used truck get a GMC yukon dont get a chevrolet tahoe it will be a big mistake!! Just like it was for use.

I got my moey's worth
By Steve H.

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 Tahoe 2WD Z71 new. Went on many road trips pulling a 29 foot travel trailer. Rode and handled well every time - even with the heavy load, thanks to a weight distribution hitch. The only problem we have had since we bought it was the water pump developed a leak at 40K miles, which was 4K after the warranty expired. Since we had brought it in at 35K and mentioned that we occasionally smelled anti-freeze, and it was documented, the dealership replaced it under the factory warranty. The driver's seat also developed a tear along the outboard seam, and the dealership replaced it free of charge too. Since then, we have been more cognizant of how we exit the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort on long drives.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy has already done it: incorporate an electronic trailer brake into the vehicle's dashboard so you don't have to buy one and mount it under the dash.