2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Nice and sporty Z71 SUV!

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

Nice and sporty Z71 SUV!
By John on

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our driving mainly consist of 70% highway and 30% city driving. Overall, between my wife and I driving this SUV, we are getting an average of 17.8 MPG. This is based on the computer MPG read readout. We love the the Tahoe for its overall performance, roominess, features and comfort. I read some reviews and noticed some bad reviews on the cheap plastic materials used. Okay, maybe but keep in mind this is an SUV.It's meant to be rugged not a luxury SUV like Range Rover or Mercedes. I don't mind the interior materials as-is.

We love the sunroof, power pedals, push 4x4 buttons, DVD for the kids, buttons on steering wheel, and overall power features.

It could use more power or at least feel it has more get up and go. We had a '06 Honda van and it was quicker at the start and had more get up at passing on the city and highway. The weight difference I am sure makes a difference. More leg room in the 3rd row and come up with a stow and go 3rd seat.