Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

I love my Z71
By TF New Jersey

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a luxury car driver. I needed the SUV for the winter and long drives down I95 south. at first I was a lil afraid because the SUV (Z71) sits so high and the vehicle is very large seating 7 passengers and I'm only 5'4". Once I got used to it I'm loving it. The DVD is great for my 3yr old and the vehicle has a lot of room for my 6'3" teenage son. There is also plenty of space for cargo, whether it be groceries, luggage, bicycles, or motorized cars for the tiny tots. I recommend it to any and all. This vehicle definitely turns heads on the roadway.

Space, luggage rack, plenty of room for groceries ect, in the rear DVD, heated seats. The vehicle is just one heck of a vehicle.

Rear cameras on all future production. Hide the wires underneath in front of vehicle. It looks tacky.

Z 71 Tahoe
By Sean

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe has an exceptional ride for a full size 4WD SUV. Rear captain's chairs are very comfortable for adult passengers. Third row split seat is very covenient to install and or remove.

Z-71 package! The Z-71 package with the rear locker provides outstanding off road capability. The Z-71 Tahoe outperforms all stock 4WD's in the mud, sand or snow. 2 years later and I haven't found another SUV that would better suit my needs

The Tahoe pulls my 23' Week end warrior just fine, however it would be nice to see a beefed up 3/4 ton option available to pull bigger loads. (although that may not be in demand for the Tahoe)

Great for an SUV
By rogpa

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is what we expected. Tows a trailer like a dream. Heated leather seats are fantastic. OnStar is more necessary than we expected.

Rear seat DVD

Better gas mileage. Improve legroom in third row seating.

Great SUV
By Leroy

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Only had one problem so far and it was in the first 500 miles. Had a bad squeak in the left front due to a dry (no grease) tie rod. Dealer replaced tie rod have had no more problems. Current mileage 13200

The heated seats, Great in the winter time.

Better gas mileage - my only complaint.

Better than expected
By billy wheeler

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I admit that this Tahoe was not my first choice. I wanted an Armada, but the wife did not want to wait while I saved. We compared it to the Expedition, and it was not an option for us, plus the 3 benches sold the wife on it. We got the 5.3l engine and I am very happy with it. I have installed a K&N FIPK on it and a Flowmster 40 series. While the 40 series is a bit resonant for my taste, the overall improvement (there was an obvious one) was WELL worth the resonation. I have towed a couple of compact vehicles on trailers with the Tahoe and there was little impact to the gas mileage. I wish that the drivers seat design had been designed better, but it isn't TOO uncomfortable for long rides.

Very good power. Decent gas (actual) mileage for a V-8. Good maneuverability in a parkinglot. Visibility is pretty good. No wind noise! (yay!)

MOVE THE PARKING BRAKE! I kicked it repeatedly until I got used to it. Not my daily driver. (my excuse) tilt the turn signal stalk down just a bit. Its in an unnatural position. Redesign the drivers seat. A bit more ENCLOSED storage would be great.