Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 259 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Family Use
By Truck Fan

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Great for family and recreational use as people or toy hauler. Other than being not being great in terms of MPG, great automobile.

I like my Tahoe
By Stooplover

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My dash gauges are going out and have had issues with my A/C but overall I love it.

Captain chairs

Better AC with manual controls. I hate the "Auto" setting.

Awesome
By John Quinn

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for about 8 months. I've put approximately 12K on the odometer. I've used it for just about everything, from normal city/hwy driving, towing my trailer, to several off road 4x4 adventures. I've never had any problems other than the odometer stop functioning, and it was replaced free of charge by Chevy. It has handled every conditon, and drives like a Cadillac, smooth and easy. I have 305-70R16 Dunlope/Remington tires mounted on Centerline rims. I get approx. 18 mpg hwy and 15 city on good days driving the speed limit on cruise control.

Heated seats, memory for the seats, mirror's, radio, etc. Auto AWD, 2 wheel, 4 Hi or 4 Lo, in addition the tow mode on the shifter for towing. The Z71 package is excellent. It looks and drives awesome.

I can't think of any.

A big SUV for a big guy
By FRW

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe Z71. My '03 was somewhat of a lemon. A beautiful vehicle, but with a number of small and one large problem. I took a chance and bought another and I am glad I did. I am a big guy 6 ft 250 and need a big vehicle. I love this truck. It is comfortable, roomy, good off road and in bad weather. It carries pretty much everythig I need to carry and can pull what can't be carried. Does everybody need a full size SUV, no. But America is the land of choices and I am glad that I have the choice to own a Tahoe. My wife owns a Land Cruiser that cost $15,000 more and it doesn't have near the power, comfort, room, amenities or gas mileage(the Tahoe's could be better).

Comfort, roominess, XM radio, turning radius(38 ft is unheard of in vehicle of this size), all weather/all road capabilities

I presently get about 13 mpg city and 15 hwy which is well below the stated EPA averages for the vehicle. I would love to see maybe 15-16 city & 20 Hwy which would be more in line with the window sticker, upgraded interior materials-a little less or a higher quality of plastic, a little more power

I love my Z71
By TF New Jersey

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a luxury car driver. I needed the SUV for the winter and long drives down I95 south. at first I was a lil afraid because the SUV (Z71) sits so high and the vehicle is very large seating 7 passengers and I'm only 5'4". Once I got used to it I'm loving it. The DVD is great for my 3yr old and the vehicle has a lot of room for my 6'3" teenage son. There is also plenty of space for cargo, whether it be groceries, luggage, bicycles, or motorized cars for the tiny tots. I recommend it to any and all. This vehicle definitely turns heads on the roadway.

Space, luggage rack, plenty of room for groceries ect, in the rear DVD, heated seats. The vehicle is just one heck of a vehicle.

Rear cameras on all future production. Hide the wires underneath in front of vehicle. It looks tacky.