Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Perfection
By John Nix

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our Tahoe as a combination work and play truck, it performed both fantastically. With its leather seats and luxury feel we were proud to have clients ride in it, from a custom home on a paved road to acreage located on top of a mountain with no road, all were very comfortable. On weekends we went four wheeling and our Tahoe got down and dirty like we did. We went thru rivers and to the tops of mountains, dirt road or no road at all made no difference. Best truck we ever purchased.

The automatic four wheel drive was convenient and a gas saver.

I Love My Tahoe with the Cattle Catcher!
By penny

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. Yeh, I padi through the nose (actually still am), but I love this truck. At 93,000 miles I just replaced the fuel pump, muffler. Needs U-Joint. Hope this doesn't set precedent for continuing repairs.

Cattle catcher, heated seats, steering wheel controls for phone, sound system, mileage notes.

Can't beat these Tahoes!
By anniston

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I travel all around the Southeast for my job, so I need a big, comfortable car that I love to drive. The Tahoe fit that perfectly. I have always driven Chevrolets and Buicks, my wife always drove a Toyota. When I got this Tahoe LT in 2004, my wife was sitting in a Black Z71 the next month, so I drive a 2004 and she drives a 2005. It really turned her into a Chevy lover! Like I said I travel and have 91k miles on it, but I hate to sell it. I don't like the new ones, so I'm going to buy a low mile 2006 whenever I hit 100k. No major issues with repairs except the AC compressor at 80k, but it was covered under my extended warranty.

OnStar (can't live without it as much as I drive), comfortable ride, comfortable seats, Vortec 5300, oil life indicator.

More durable leather, be able to adjust pedals while out of park.

Tahoe LT
By TAHOELT

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Tahoe has everything you could ever want in an SUV. Drives like a dream, performs exceptionally while pulling a trailer, plenty big for family trips, but easy to drive. I couldn't ask for a more comfortable, reliable SUV.

OnStar, third row seating, quiet ride, seat warmers.

Gas mileage (averages about 15 MPG).

Family Use
By Truck Fan

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Great for family and recreational use as people or toy hauler. Other than being not being great in terms of MPG, great automobile.