2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I'm a Tahoe Convert...
By Peter J. on 03/07/05 20:55 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At 33 I decided that I would switch to American made cars (Patriotism...not vehicle reputation). I was surprised to find that I prefer driving my Tahoe LT to my old Camry LE V-6 stick. Better view, comparable pick-up when I need it, and never a concern about the weather (Detroit weather is NOT kind to commuters). The stability control system is amazing, it handles so well you have to work just to make it fishtale in the snow (my kids think its funny ;) ). The build quality was better than I expected with no issues/problems to report. I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and look forward to many years (fingers crossed) with this great vehicle.

Snowed by a Tahoe
By tim terrific on 01/05/05 21:07 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned imports for the last 20 years. I took a chance on a new Tahoe. The size is just right for me. Great horsepower from the engine and a very nice ride. BUT fuel ecconomy stinks. The interior is cheap cheap cheap. I've got potholders that hold better than the carpet. Leather seats have lost luster, crack and are spongy. Tailgate says open when closed; been back three times to dealer. Window trim pieces now squeak. Transmission slips and brakes groan and it's not even a year old!!! Heated sears are nice. Onstar is a rip off. GM wants $295.00 a year to renew it. They can keep it. LT= last time I'll spend the dough. There are better values in the market place.

04 Z71 Tahoe Review
By Jis on 12/31/04 14:47 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding power, comfort and 4WD. Chose this over all others because of leather seat comfort, visibility and other consumer ratings. 10K miles on it after five months and no problems. Not even a rattle.. I drive long miles for work and the seats with lumbar support are unmatched for my bad back. I'm getting about 17 mpg. Seat comfort is the best I've seen, especially on long trips.

I hope ALL the Bugs are Gone!!!
By Steven on 12/09/04 13:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My wife & I bought a 04 Tahoe LS w/ the 5.3L. Almost instantly we noticed the vehicle clunking into gear while driving between 45-55 MPH. When we took the Tahoe to the dealer …1,600 miles … Renee & I found the car a faulty Rad which leak coolant into the tranny causing major damaging not limited to the torque converter. Anyway, thank God the dealer step up & provide an extended warrenty on the new transmission. Let hope everything goes smoothly now that the transmission is fixed!!!

TOW WITH YOU TAHOE
By ENGINEER20001 on 11/09/04 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I HAVE TOWED A 24' ENCLOSED CAR HAULER WITH CAR WITH THE TAHOE AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE HANDLING AND PERFORMANCE. THE TRAILER WITH CAR EXCEEDS 7000 POUNDS

Everything PERFECT--but
By John Sailer on 11/07/04 16:46 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After one year of driving the 04 Z71 Tahoe, I find thet this SUV is everything I ever expected and wished for. From the paint job and interior to the engine and drive train the QUALITY is obvious. I thouroughly enjoy driving this vehicle and would definitely buy the same model again. General Motors has built this one with superior design and workmanship.

Tahoe 2004
By fhdewitt on 11/07/04 09:15 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in Mercedes ML 320 and think the Chevy has better quality and much more room.

chevy suv
By chevy suv on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This suv handles great. The driver feels that he is driving on a higher level. I tested other suv on the market, and this was the one that got my interest. I would recoment this suv.

Tahoe
By Fridriksson on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely fun to drive, the sound system and entertainment system are wonderful.

Love my Tahoe
By b_a_mommy on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my tahoe, the dvd player is awesome for the kids, love the moonroof and the homelink system. I wouldn't trade it for nothin