2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great SUV
By Leroy on 01/17/06 13:03 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Only had one problem so far and it was in the first 500 miles. Had a bad squeak in the left front due to a dry (no grease) tie rod. Dealer replaced tie rod have had no more problems. Current mileage 13200

Better than expected
By billy wheeler on 12/17/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I admit that this Tahoe was not my first choice. I wanted an Armada, but the wife did not want to wait while I saved. We compared it to the Expedition, and it was not an option for us, plus the 3 benches sold the wife on it. We got the 5.3l engine and I am very happy with it. I have installed a K&N FIPK on it and a Flowmster 40 series. While the 40 series is a bit resonant for my taste, the overall improvement (there was an obvious one) was WELL worth the resonation. I have towed a couple of compact vehicles on trailers with the Tahoe and there was little impact to the gas mileage. I wish that the drivers seat design had been designed better, but it isn't TOO uncomfortable for long rides.

Great for trucking around kids!
By TC on 11/22/05 10:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the third new Chevrolet vehicle that I have owned and I have been very happy with it. You sit up very high and can see the entire road and everything that it is ahead of you. The ride is very comfortable and handles extremely well especially on the highway at upper speeds. My wife was opposed to a mini van, so we looked at the Toyota Seqouia, Honda Pilot, before deciding to purchase this vehicle. On several occasions we have sat 4 adults and four children comfortably. If you need some space to hall around a family and their gear this would be an excellent choice.

Another good Chevy
By CLifton on 09/26/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the SUV a little over a year ago and I have been completely happy. It rides well, has plenty of interior room, and horsepower to boot. We have used it mainly for trips considering that I live less than 2 miles from work. An enjoyable SUV, just what I expect from Chevy.

Smooth Ride
By LDA on 09/23/05 05:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought my second Tahoe. I traded the first one for a Suburban and bought a 2004 Tahoe after 4 months. The comfort is incredible and I love the big seats. It travels Great! Some minor problems that the dealership took care of but everything is under warranty. As long as Chevy keeps making a car this comfortable to drive, I'll keep coming back.

No more GM
By Disappointed on 09/12/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck, lots of power, very comfortable, but trouble started early. Repeated problems with the transfer case that should have been fixed under warrenty, but turned into a parts changing excercise. The transmission now slips and clunks. The shaft in the steering column wore out. A rattle under the vehicle that can not be located (not a heat shield; inside the exhaust?), the climate control can not hold a consistant temperature. I'm trading it for an Infiniti while it still has some trade in value.

A great SUV for the money
By lovemytahoe on 08/05/05 03:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful car - we drive from LA to Scottsdale 4 times per year. The freeway ride is luxurious and comfortable. The DVD player is a must have for the kids. Third row seat is pretty handy, but wow, you get a lot of storage space when you remove them. I considered a Range Rover but am so glad I bought this - it's not as luxurious, but the bang for the buck is much higher in the Tahoe. All this and it tackles rain and snow on ski trips flawlessly.

Bad fuel economy 2004 Tahoe
By jennifer on 07/25/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tahoe. In the past, I've gotten about 20 mpg on my daily commute, and have been very satisfied with the performance. This new Tahoe gets 12-14 mpg! Very disappointed. Dealership has checked vehicle, nothing they can do. Fuel economy will be the top priority in my next vehicle purchase, the Tahoe won't make the cut. Can't even trade at this point because of the flood of rebates and "employee pricing" out there - I've had it for 7 months and owe $12K more than someone can buy a NEW one for! Makes it impossible to get rid of!!

Very Happy GM Truck Owner
By C. Taylor on 07/08/05 02:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

For this very basic LS, I bought 18" Michelin Pilots (truck came with 16" Goodyears, I believe)- truck now gets average of 20 mpg. I put in many miles per annum - don't just accept the "myth" of poor mileage! Also, the smoother-riding, after-market tires enable my elderly parents to enjoy traveling in this high-riding limo.

Z71 is top notch!
By KAG's Z71 on 06/14/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have always owned GM vehicles, but never a full-size SUV. GM and Chevy do not get the recognition that they deserve! This Tahoe is great in the snow and surprisingly easy to maneuver in tight spaces. 16,000 miles and not a single complaint, and great service from the Chevy dealer. Sport Red with the factory brush guard gets the looks and comments from many. I just smile and say, "Yeah, it’s mine.”