Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

First Chevy Owned! 04 Tahoe LT
By Ricky

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy vehicle ever! The previous owners bought it new and had all the service records for it.The truck had 52K miles when I purchased it and has 59K now. No major problems yet, my local chevy dealer said though I needed a new a/c belt, and something in my steering column needed to be replaced, cost was about $250 with labor to repair both. My rear brake light went out, now that was expensive... the part itself was $250, and you can't buy it at any part store cause its a LED light. Great smooth ride and great pick-up. Love the space. The truck is not to big nor to small for a single guy with no kids

Favorite Features

Auto climate, heated & memory seats, 10 way power seats, driver information center, Onstar, XM, & 6disc. Sunroof and dvd player, stabil trac system, 17 inch alloys also, like the look better over the 16 inch alloys. Love the dark blue exterior. This one has tan in it, think I will get grey next time.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy in the city, hwy is great though. Better leather, cooled seats, gets pretty hot in the south. Although I noticed for 09 cooled seats are available on the LTZ model. Oh and second row buckets being able to lay back farther for napping.

Love my Tahoe
By DENNIS

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck, very reliable, only had 2 warranty issues and I have 96k miles on it. Need to stay away from Delco batteries, had to finally get an interstate as Delco kept dying in less than a year. Now teaching daughter to drive it. She loves it also. Still drives like new, even with high miles. Good seating, kids like DVD player, great AC, really keeps inside cool on over 100 degree days.

Favorite Features

AC Cools great, drives smooth, easy to get in/out. Good radio sound, easy to put back seats down.

Suggested Improvements

None really. You don't buy a SUV for gas mileage, although on trips I have gotten 20 MPG with the 5.3

So far, so good
By randyvn

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had a few GM glitches in the first 30K. Odometer went out, major repair: A/C went out, and typical steering knuckle needed repair. After warranty fixed these items all has been well.

Favorite Features

Wide console for my dog to view the scenery. Fold down middle seat in the front seats, allows 6 to ride without installing the third row seats (used once)

Nice and sporty Z71 SUV!
By John

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our driving mainly consist of 70% highway and 30% city driving. Overall, between my wife and I driving this SUV, we are getting an average of 17.8 MPG. This is based on the computer MPG read readout. We love the the Tahoe for its overall performance, roominess, features and comfort. I read some reviews and noticed some bad reviews on the cheap plastic materials used. Okay, maybe but keep in mind this is an SUV.It's meant to be rugged not a luxury SUV like Range Rover or Mercedes. I don't mind the interior materials as-is.

Favorite Features

We love the sunroof, power pedals, push 4x4 buttons, DVD for the kids, buttons on steering wheel, and overall power features.

Suggested Improvements

It could use more power or at least feel it has more get up and go. We had a '06 Honda van and it was quicker at the start and had more get up at passing on the city and highway. The weight difference I am sure makes a difference. More leg room in the 3rd row and come up with a stow and go 3rd seat.

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
By Johnny

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this 2004 Z71 for $11k with 69.5K miles. I have only been drving it for a week and I love it. I hope to say that as time goes on. The ride is smooth and the roominess is very nice. My twins love the DVD player too. My Z71 came with 20" tires/rims and it still rides very nice. Stay tuned. I will come back and update my review in a couple of months.

Favorite Features

My wife and I love the features such as DVD, power sunroof, tow, power, pedals, dual climate controls, fog lights, and the silver color with the 20" tire and rim is nice too. Again, the ride is very smooth and does not have that stiff ride as we thought it would for a SUV. The gas mileage is not bad

Suggested Improvements

More room on the back with the third seat is up. Our 2006 Honda Oddeysey had more room when the seat was up and also had more leg room than the tahoe. It also had third folding seats with stow area for third seats. But that is the sacrifice we made for a non van vehicle. More power 285 HP not enough