2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I Love My Tahoe with the Cattle Catcher!
By penny on 09/09/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. Yeh, I padi through the nose (actually still am), but I love this truck. At 93,000 miles I just replaced the fuel pump, muffler. Needs U-Joint. Hope this doesn't set precedent for continuing repairs.

Can't beat these Tahoes!
By anniston on 09/03/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I travel all around the Southeast for my job, so I need a big, comfortable car that I love to drive. The Tahoe fit that perfectly. I have always driven Chevrolets and Buicks, my wife always drove a Toyota. When I got this Tahoe LT in 2004, my wife was sitting in a Black Z71 the next month, so I drive a 2004 and she drives a 2005. It really turned her into a Chevy lover! Like I said I travel and have 91k miles on it, but I hate to sell it. I don't like the new ones, so I'm going to buy a low mile 2006 whenever I hit 100k. No major issues with repairs except the AC compressor at 80k, but it was covered under my extended warranty.

Tahoe LT
By TAHOELT on 07/13/07 09:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Tahoe has everything you could ever want in an SUV. Drives like a dream, performs exceptionally while pulling a trailer, plenty big for family trips, but easy to drive. I couldn't ask for a more comfortable, reliable SUV.

Family Use
By Truck Fan on 03/31/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Great for family and recreational use as people or toy hauler. Other than being not being great in terms of MPG, great automobile.

I like my Tahoe
By Stooplover on 02/16/07 23:13 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My dash gauges are going out and have had issues with my A/C but overall I love it.

Awesome
By John Quinn on 09/14/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for about 8 months. I've put approximately 12K on the odometer. I've used it for just about everything, from normal city/hwy driving, towing my trailer, to several off road 4x4 adventures. I've never had any problems other than the odometer stop functioning, and it was replaced free of charge by Chevy. It has handled every conditon, and drives like a Cadillac, smooth and easy. I have 305-70R16 Dunlope/Remington tires mounted on Centerline rims. I get approx. 18 mpg hwy and 15 city on good days driving the speed limit on cruise control.

A big SUV for a big guy
By FRW on 07/19/06 08:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe Z71. My '03 was somewhat of a lemon. A beautiful vehicle, but with a number of small and one large problem. I took a chance and bought another and I am glad I did. I am a big guy 6 ft 250 and need a big vehicle. I love this truck. It is comfortable, roomy, good off road and in bad weather. It carries pretty much everythig I need to carry and can pull what can't be carried. Does everybody need a full size SUV, no. But America is the land of choices and I am glad that I have the choice to own a Tahoe. My wife owns a Land Cruiser that cost $15,000 more and it doesn't have near the power, comfort, room, amenities or gas mileage(the Tahoe's could be better).

I love my Z71
By TF New Jersey on 06/13/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a luxury car driver. I needed the SUV for the winter and long drives down I95 south. at first I was a lil afraid because the SUV (Z71) sits so high and the vehicle is very large seating 7 passengers and I'm only 5'4". Once I got used to it I'm loving it. The DVD is great for my 3yr old and the vehicle has a lot of room for my 6'3" teenage son. There is also plenty of space for cargo, whether it be groceries, luggage, bicycles, or motorized cars for the tiny tots. I recommend it to any and all. This vehicle definitely turns heads on the roadway.

Z 71 Tahoe
By Sean on 03/06/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe has an exceptional ride for a full size 4WD SUV. Rear captain's chairs are very comfortable for adult passengers. Third row split seat is very covenient to install and or remove.

Great for an SUV
By rogpa on 02/11/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is what we expected. Tows a trailer like a dream. Heated leather seats are fantastic. OnStar is more necessary than we expected.