2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Sort Reviews by

Very Happy with my purchase
By Desiree

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very happy with my purchase...love it!

Who says women can't have a SUV?
By Michellestoy

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my Z71 Tahoe. My husband was hesitant to do so, because of the fact that I am 5'2" tall. However, I feel safety and control in this type of SUV. We are planning to have a family soon, this SUV, makes me feel that putting another life in it, will be safe! I absolutely would recomend it to every Mom or Mom to be out there, tall or short instead of a minivan! Thank you.

Favorite Features

The easy to put down 60/40 split seats in the rear,also the tailgate doors, there are 2, it makes it so much easier with groceries or what ever you need to load in the back.

Suggested Improvements

The shifting gear, Park,drive,reverse handle is right in the way of the radio and other controls.

Tahoe 2003 Z71
By krayonigo

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Was very suprised when I took this vehicle on it's first 500 mile trip how comfortable and efficient. 17.8 Milage and average speed of 54 mph. Bose radio and HVAC system is excellent. noisy in the front end at 70 mph is may only gripe.

Favorite Features

Fender flares and hole body coloring (no crome)makes car look sporty for its size.

Suggested Improvements

trim on the rails of the front seats would look more finished. Also trim around the inside door levers.

good suv
By joe540ci

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

drove it to vegas with mobil 1 oil and only 1000 mi on it from new..got 18.2 to 15.0 mpg on various tank fulls. handled mountains way better than our mini vans ever could

Favorite Features

power/ride

Suggested Improvements

none

The car I've always wanted
By Harry Lawrence

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe is a car that I've always wanted since the revision of the car in 2000. I was able to purchase a used 2003 after being in service for only 10 months and with low milage. My wife and I absolutely love the Tahoe and it has been very dependable and lots of fun to drive. It is also very roomy and delivers fair gas milagae for such a large vehicle

Favorite Features

I love the 9 speaker stereo system, the dual power seats, the auto locking system, the extra power outlets for phone, radar and other devices and the in dash information center

Suggested Improvements

The steering could be a little tighter

very good
By Ricky buchinger

it has good handling

Tahoe Z71
By Jim103

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American vehicle I owned, I bought it mainly to pull our boat. Love the huge amount of torque, hp is ok. Mileage is 13 or so. Ok lots of rattles (compared to the previous Nissans and Toyotas), and it hasnt even gone off road. Every button or switch is different, why? And VERY cheap feeling. Plastic work is poor.

Favorite Features

Gotta love 330ft/lbs of torque. Pulls our 6000lb boat right up the ramp and up and down hills. Motor (or the accessories) seem to vibrate and buzz at even 3000 rpm.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked the 6.0 motor as an option (I would have taken it too). Clean up the plastic work and use 1 or 2 types of switches - please....

Robb's review
By cmccollegepark

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is like riding on a cushion of air. It's sporty enough for tailgating, classy enough for sunday services, and rugged enough to haul drywall, plywood, and alll my tools. With the flat folding second row and removable third row, I can haul plenty without a trailer. It is the perfect vehicle for family, work, and play.

Favorite Features

Plush leather seating Great factory radio Roomy feel Comfortable ride Removable third row Large cargo area Flat folding second row

Suggested Improvements

Digital, programmable airconditioning and heating. Flat folding third row Adding interior temperature readout to rearview mirror Adding numbered dial pad for onstar calls

Excellent Full Size SUV
By tturner2b

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a dream to drive. Very responsive for a full-size truck. I test drove all the full size SUV's and this is the one to get. Priced attractively for what you get and quality has come a long way from the mid-1990s. Perfect balance between truck toughness and car comfort.

Favorite Features

SIZE! Power Handling Interior, especially seats.

Suggested Improvements

None.

it hits the spot
By easimonei

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

this vehicle has great pulling power and is great for family. for a v8 gass millage is about 5 dollars different then a v6 and to me thats great

Favorite Features

heated seats,and rear seats come out,

Suggested Improvements

place a better radio inside and change warrenty to 100,000 miles