2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Terrable seats and gas consump

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Terrable seats and gas consumption
By swavek on

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck gave me sticker gas expectation on highway only. In the city it achieves 9 and change miles from gallon. This is my first new car, so I am trying not to step on it too hard. Between highway and city driving I've got 10.6 miles per gallon !!!?... But that's O.K.. The real problem I have with the seat. So far I've made 2700 miles and already have terrible low back pain from the seat. I'd like to know if the seat is ergonomically correct. It feels like something is missing in the low back support. I hate the way breakes work. Feel like pushing the pedal through the floor but car is steel moving. Plus I can hear squealing while breaking already.

Excellent Passenger capacity. Exterior design. Rear folding removable seats. Maneuverability. XM radio is a plus.

Let professionals design driver's seat. Improve city gas consumption. In the past I was very happy with Ford's smooth P/S operation,- good source to cheat from. O! after every car wash I get soap runs mostly from the mirrors. Passenger mirror should be automatically folded.