Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

We were surprised
By Goldenflight

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We were surprised how nice this machine really is. It is easy to park and roomy enough for the whole family in comfort. A pleasure to drive, it wants to continue in a straight line and pulls a trailer with ease. Don't expect sports car thrills, but do expect predictable relaxed comfort and surprising maneuverability.

Wide interior, dual climate controls, comfortable ride characteristics

More dc outlets

Keeping my SUV
By L. Sherry

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent handling in heavy snow, reliable and well powered for pulling our boat. No problems whatsoever in the 2 1/2 years we've owned it. Extremely comfortable on long trips even though you do give up the better mileage of a smaller vehicle. Would definitely buy again.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but trouble. In less than three years, the cruise control quit working, as did the speedometer, antilock brakes, power door locks, and the gas guage. The front end will not stay aligned, even when mainly driven on highways. No lumbar support in the front seats; no leg room in the rear seats. This vehicle has cost more in repairs than many vehicles total purchase and ownership costs. Biggest automotive mistake I've ever made.

Satellite Radio works well, and it has obtained an average 19 mpg on trips.

Needs lumbar support, and huge improvements in reliability.

Toy's toy
By toy

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Other than some minor repairs I have found it enjoyable to drive. Fuel economy doesnt exist in a vehicle this size. But it still lacks horsepower. I never liked that the truck is governed at 100 mph. But what the hey this isnt the autobaun. Truth be said this will be my last Chevy. There are better deals to be made.

Bose stereo!

Line of sight has been diminished in the last few years. Can't see to the rear when backing.

Heartbeat of America
By NickS

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Tahoe 4x4. I haven't had any problems with it so far. My friends have an ML320 and it doesn't compare at all. I wouldn't trade it for any foreign-built vehicle, even though Toyota and Honda make great products. I am 6'3" 275 lbs. and my Tahoe has more than enough room for me to stretch out. I wish the back seats had a little more room for the kid's car seats though. I ride motocross and take it off-road and blast the AC in 100 degree heat - not a problem. This thing is a tank, we affectionately call it "Old Faithful"

Looks, interior room, reliability

Make the back seats a tad larger. Allow barn doors to be opened from the inside.

• SUV