Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Why I'll not own another U.S. SUV
By F. X. McGrath

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many mechanical problems after 60,000 miles. Replaced fuel pump, water pump, instrument cluster, (speedometer stopped working), replaced horn, engine gasket, steering problems. For a vehicle of this age and mileage these types of problems should not occur. I'll not own another Chevy. My next vehicle will be Japanese or German. U.S. auto makers need to make a more reliable vehicle if they want to compete.

Happy Tahoe owner
By JJ

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Since new, this vehicle has been flawless and I have every option except sunroof. I have it serviced before time with selling dealer and it is garage kept. I baby this vehicle. Last year I almost traded it for a "Caddy" but this vehicle had more options and a whole lot less expensive and gas mileage was near same. Overall, a great vehicle.

Seat selector for both drivers. The fact that so far it has been flawless.

Replace OnStar with a better system.

Love that truck!
By larryz4

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use the Tahoe mainly for towing a trailer so I don't put a lot of miles on it annually. I love each and every time I climb into the truck. It is so comfortable and a joy to drive.

My favorite would have to be fuel mileage, especially for such a big truck. I average 15.5 MPG wile towing and 17 when not.

A little better design for the intermediate link would be great. Mine like so many others suffered from the steering clunk that became universally associated with the Tahoe.

Disgusted
By Lisa Wilson

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove a '93 Suburban for 7 years and loved it! The Tahoe is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I believe the reviews depend on what the person drove before owning the '03 Tahoe. I only drive 20 mile to work and hate the drive everyday. It handles so squirrelly I have trouble keping it between the lines, like following a semi too close. Tires replace with Michelins trying to control this vehicle. The Michelins improved handling on rual roads but did not on the interstate. Intermediate shaft replaced at 16748 miles, crossmember replace at 35558 miles. Vibration at takeoff. Transmission slips. No ashtray in back. Can't get rid of it because its valued less than the payoff.

It looks good, thats all!

Possible solutions to handling: lower vehicle height, modify frontend mechanics.

Tahoe - SUV for the Rockies
By Don Douglas

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. It is equally fitting for driving around town in Denver or taking the toughest incline in the Rockies. I love the power; my wife loves the comfort. We recently drove from Denver to Houston and it was the most comfortable long trip I have ever taken in a vehicle. The only complaint is slightly squeaky brakes.

Power; comfort; style.