2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great Vehicle
By revump on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just pulled my 1995 Jimmy to the NW. The Tahoe was better than all my expectations except for gas, but even that was acceptable. It handled great in snow and we had a lot of it. I am completely satisfied with it so far. I have made one long trip and put about 6000 miles on it so far.

My 1st Chevy Tahoe
By G. Montes on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just want to say how pleased I am with my 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I purchased it used with 4800 miles on it. It looked brand new though. It's a pleasure to drive and the kids love it. My wife is afraid to drive it coz it's just so big... Guess it's all mine. Living in California where driving anywhere can take hours, now I don't mind the wait!

Truck Saved my life, very well built
By Mandi78 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I recently rolled my Tahoe over twice on the highway doing approx 60mph and literally other than being bruised up I walked away from the accident.. The truck also saved my baby (I am 9mos pregnant) and the baby is fine as well.. I must say the truck is top heavy I have always said that but it certainly help up well.. The only downfall now is that because the truck is so high priced the insurance company is fixing the truck (25,000 worth of damage). But defenately worth the $$$

Love it,love it not(longtermreliabilty?)
By stevenrobinzz on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased Tahoe little over year ago. Have begun to question longterm reliabilty of vehicle. Have had problems with brakes squealing from day we left the lot. Terrible noise in front of vehicle when turning and accelerating. After repaired, steering more stiff and making grinding noises. While washing the vehicle (with sprayer) paint chipped off. Problems with lights and seats when operating. Doors sound horrible when opening and shutting. Dealership has been good about fixing things but should not be having these problems with a new vehicle. How well will it hold up? I love the ride, comfort, etc. Purchase another? Doubtful.

TAHOE - PROVEN TO BE A ROCK!
By CAROLYN S. on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I FEEL SAFE AND COMFORTABLE IN MY CHEV. TAHOE. WHEN THE DOOR CLOSES, IT SOUNDS SOLID LIKE A ROCK! I WAS TOLD THE GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD, BUT I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED BAD MILEAGE AT ALL, WHETHER IN THE CITY OR THE OPEN ROAD. STOPS ON A DIME, SMOOTH TURNS, LOTS OF LEG AND BODY ROOM. NOT LIKE THE INFINITI, LEXUS, OR FORD SUV'S.... YOU ARE NOT CRAMMED INTO THE SEATS, WITH YOUR HEAD TOUCHING THE TOP OR HITTING THE SIDES OF THE VEHICLE WHEN YOU GET IT. LOTS OF AREAS TO PUT CELL PHONE, AND MISC. ITEMS. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL SUV'S IN MY TIME, AND UNLESS THEY MAKE THE HUMMER A LITTLE MORE COMPACT, I WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE A TAHOE. I LOVE IT!!!!

Service is Lousy & Lots of Minor Defects
By FAS515 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck. However, constant "minor" problems need service. Dealer service is sub-par and they never give loaner vehicles. For a $45,000 truck it should be given. Chevy calls minor defects "normal". Water in the front lens, "normal". Loud buzzing from fuel pump "normal". Steering vibration "normal". Water leak in front passenger side of vehicle checked twice. Buy Infiniti/Lexus/Acura.They'll treat you with respect. If/when you need service for Imports new loaners are provided. Also much better quality than Chevy & about the same price. Don't fall for "Buy American Crap" that's Big 3's hook & rationalization for poor quality & insults every American.

Great for the REAL world!
By KensZ71 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5 months & 4500 miles & I love my Z71. Wow,the visceral feel of nailing the throttle on those 285 ponies. Yowie! Everything is still tight and rattle free. It fits my 6'2" frame better than any other vehicle I've been in. it handles great and the tranny shifts are seemles. Gas mileage is good. 15mpg around town (come on people its 285hp pushing around 2 and a half tons, be realistic). It feels, dare I say almost sporty around town and down right plush on the highway. The Bose stereo kicks butt as does the Autotrac system. The incentives were great and the resale should be above average as well.

my 1st 4wd
By Jerry bishop on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Simply said it's a luxury vehicle with the strength and power of a truck. Unbelievably quiet and ready to go anywhere. A little tough on the fuel economy but I guess that can be expected given it's size.

10000 mi and still OK
By jcsmith on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the vehicle. It drives like a sedan and is remarkably quiet. The sound system is excellent but, even boom boxes store more than six CDs. So far, the only faults are an outside temperature gage failing and a piece of trim at the bottom of one of the rear seats was loose.

Don't be discouraged from others mishaps
By Linemon on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Finally got rid of the '99 Expedition XLT. First thing noticed is the quietness & comfort of the ride (even with the air suspension in the Ford). Strong performance with loads of ammentities. Appearance is in the eye of the beholder, so see for yourself.