Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Love that truck!
By larryz4

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use the Tahoe mainly for towing a trailer so I don't put a lot of miles on it annually. I love each and every time I climb into the truck. It is so comfortable and a joy to drive.

My favorite would have to be fuel mileage, especially for such a big truck. I average 15.5 MPG wile towing and 17 when not.

A little better design for the intermediate link would be great. Mine like so many others suffered from the steering clunk that became universally associated with the Tahoe.

Disgusted
By Lisa Wilson

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove a '93 Suburban for 7 years and loved it! The Tahoe is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I believe the reviews depend on what the person drove before owning the '03 Tahoe. I only drive 20 mile to work and hate the drive everyday. It handles so squirrelly I have trouble keping it between the lines, like following a semi too close. Tires replace with Michelins trying to control this vehicle. The Michelins improved handling on rual roads but did not on the interstate. Intermediate shaft replaced at 16748 miles, crossmember replace at 35558 miles. Vibration at takeoff. Transmission slips. No ashtray in back. Can't get rid of it because its valued less than the payoff.

It looks good, thats all!

Possible solutions to handling: lower vehicle height, modify frontend mechanics.

Tahoe - SUV for the Rockies
By Don Douglas

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. It is equally fitting for driving around town in Denver or taking the toughest incline in the Rockies. I love the power; my wife loves the comfort. We recently drove from Denver to Houston and it was the most comfortable long trip I have ever taken in a vehicle. The only complaint is slightly squeaky brakes.

Power; comfort; style.

Fix the squeaky brakes.

Everything in one great package
By ford stinks

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After 46,000 miles I still love this car. As comfy as a luxury car with more bells and whistles than most. Towing my boat I sometimes forget it's even back there! If you need space for kids, dogs, or just stuff this is the truck 4 you. Not to mention the saftey of having your family in a veritable tank. We will always buy Chevy from now on.

Amazing ride, Strong but quiet engine, gorgeous body, tons of room, superlative sound system

Make the third row seats lighter and easier to get in and out (fairly heavy).

We were surprised
By Goldenflight

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We were surprised how nice this machine really is. It is easy to park and roomy enough for the whole family in comfort. A pleasure to drive, it wants to continue in a straight line and pulls a trailer with ease. Don't expect sports car thrills, but do expect predictable relaxed comfort and surprising maneuverability.

Wide interior, dual climate controls, comfortable ride characteristics

More dc outlets