2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great Vehicle
By Ray and Roz on 05/25/05 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle after owning several Toyotas, so had lowered expectations. It has proven us wrong. Have had only one minor problem - took it to the dealer and it was fixed within 30 minutes. The ride is great and Bose makes a fine sound system. My wife loves the XM radio which keeps us in touch when on long trips.

Not bad for one coat of paint
By REC on 02/20/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved my Z71 version of the Tahoe. It is a strong running vehicle with all the options. One of the options was the rear captains chairs, I wouldn't reccomend for the price. It's just as easy with the bench seat. All in all I have been happy with the performance and prefer the ride over the Expedition.

Love it!
By ccairns on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe! I drive 38 miles to work everyday, my Tahoe gives me the comfort and reliability I need on a daily basis. The cargo space comes in handy on the weekends for loading of large items (wood, furniture, etc.).

Love Hate relationship
By Billfan on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love my Z71. I have had two annoying problems that ruin the experience. Something shaking in the front end and it switches from 4 wheel to 2 wheel on its own. Steering part on back order, and reprogramed transmission. Hopefully this is the end of trips to the dealer and I will have the great experience everyone else seems to be having. The truck is fast, more comfortable than my Cadillacs, and rides nearly as well. Can haul a bunch of stuff, and looks good. Suprised at first year depreciation of $10,000(retail to trade in value).

Gm has the worst service department
By DonH on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I brought the truck new and have put 20,000 miles on it. My onstar stop working, windsheild wipers won't shut off at times, airbag service light comes at times and the front end seems loose when curving right or going over bumps. Also, I've been told the all gm vortec engines have piston slap and gm refuses to fix it. I've been to the dealer 3 times and they can't seem to fix the problems. The dealer service department is the worst, no loaner car or ride to work, I get my truck back and it has grease and pen marks on my leather seats, it takes on average 4hrs to change the oil and worst of all the service tech told me don't worry about minor problems.

Love our Tahoe!
By Paul and Kelly on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

8 months into my new Kia Sorento I had problems and traded it in for our Tahoe which we both love. It drives like a truck for my husband, but is smooth enough for me to drive. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Great truck!

Great Vehicle!
By stupotlynn on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe. The DVD entertainment center is great for those with kids when on long trips. The driver convenience features are also well tuned for those with long trips for business or pleaseure. Gas mileage is a little low, but it is a large SUV. The seats are very comfortable and supportive. Great power, but I would still like more.

2003 Tahoe
By Jontz2002 on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Hands down the best vehicle in it's class. Awesome turning radius and styling is beautiful and sleek. Very comfortable ride

One Smooth Ride
By Scottski on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy my Z71 Tahoe. Love the features and can't pass up the XM radio, worth the money. Had the rear brake pads replaced at 11000 miles, technician said GM has been having problems with the pads on the tahoes. Other than that great vehicle, except for gas mileage.

Great Comfortable Vehicle
By JTDalt on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I intended to buy a z71 pickup but once I test drove the Tahoe I was sold. Lots of room especially for tall people. Leather seats are comfortable with lots of features for seat height and ride. Have had no mechanical problems at all. Fuel economy is not great but what would you expect for a large SUV with a v-8. Great SUV