2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Tahoe - SUV for the Rockies
By Don Douglas on 03/04/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. It is equally fitting for driving around town in Denver or taking the toughest incline in the Rockies. I love the power; my wife loves the comfort. We recently drove from Denver to Houston and it was the most comfortable long trip I have ever taken in a vehicle. The only complaint is slightly squeaky brakes.

Everything in one great package
By ford stinks on 02/26/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After 46,000 miles I still love this car. As comfy as a luxury car with more bells and whistles than most. Towing my boat I sometimes forget it's even back there! If you need space for kids, dogs, or just stuff this is the truck 4 you. Not to mention the saftey of having your family in a veritable tank. We will always buy Chevy from now on.

We were surprised
By Goldenflight on 01/04/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We were surprised how nice this machine really is. It is easy to park and roomy enough for the whole family in comfort. A pleasure to drive, it wants to continue in a straight line and pulls a trailer with ease. Don't expect sports car thrills, but do expect predictable relaxed comfort and surprising maneuverability.

Keeping my SUV
By L. Sherry on 12/18/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent handling in heavy snow, reliable and well powered for pulling our boat. No problems whatsoever in the 2 1/2 years we've owned it. Extremely comfortable on long trips even though you do give up the better mileage of a smaller vehicle. Would definitely buy again.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 11/22/05 15:53 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but trouble. In less than three years, the cruise control quit working, as did the speedometer, antilock brakes, power door locks, and the gas guage. The front end will not stay aligned, even when mainly driven on highways. No lumbar support in the front seats; no leg room in the rear seats. This vehicle has cost more in repairs than many vehicles total purchase and ownership costs. Biggest automotive mistake I've ever made.

Heartbeat of America
By NickS on 07/07/05 03:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Tahoe 4x4. I haven't had any problems with it so far. My friends have an ML320 and it doesn't compare at all. I wouldn't trade it for any foreign-built vehicle, even though Toyota and Honda make great products. I am 6'3" 275 lbs. and my Tahoe has more than enough room for me to stretch out. I wish the back seats had a little more room for the kid's car seats though. I ride motocross and take it off-road and blast the AC in 100 degree heat - not a problem. This thing is a tank, we affectionately call it "Old Faithful"

Tahoe Z71
By Larry on 06/08/05 11:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I own a loaded Z71 Tahoe. I'm a very tall male who wanted not to feel cramped in my vehicle. This truck is exceptionally comfortable. It's a little hard on gas, but lacking nowhere else. I wanted an American truck, and I'm very satisfied.

Great Vehicle
By Ray and Roz on 05/25/05 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle after owning several Toyotas, so had lowered expectations. It has proven us wrong. Have had only one minor problem - took it to the dealer and it was fixed within 30 minutes. The ride is great and Bose makes a fine sound system. My wife loves the XM radio which keeps us in touch when on long trips.

Not bad for one coat of paint
By REC on 02/20/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved my Z71 version of the Tahoe. It is a strong running vehicle with all the options. One of the options was the rear captains chairs, I wouldn't reccomend for the price. It's just as easy with the bench seat. All in all I have been happy with the performance and prefer the ride over the Expedition.

Love it!
By ccairns on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe! I drive 38 miles to work everyday, my Tahoe gives me the comfort and reliability I need on a daily basis. The cargo space comes in handy on the weekends for loading of large items (wood, furniture, etc.).