Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

My Favorite Car
By kpnj

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far my favorite car. WE leased this car new in 03 and bought it when the lease was up. I have 2 kids and a great dane. This car fits everything! The only problems are that I've had to replace the fuel pump and transmission. Minor annoyances have been the parking brake and electrical issues, but "Bessie" has started every single time for 113,000 miles. We will be heartbroken to see her go.

Extremely comfortable! Very roomy. 9 people at once no problem. Very smooth, quiet ride.

Electrical system, fuel pump.

power windows Tahoe 2003 cost
By W Brooks

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The care was never the greatest car but it is paid for and who wants to go through the hassle of buying another one. I just can't believe that it cost me $477.00 to replace ONE rear window automatic window on the 2003 Tahoe. Just before this, out of the clear blue, the driver's seat seatback broke and that was another $368.00. Just hoping the economy will get better soon so I can afford to get rid of this money pit. No wonder GM is going under. Who wants a vehicle that even after you pay it off you are still paying the big bucks for the little things you expect to last. I call this Tahoe my Yugo. Now the windshield washer reservoir has gone out..probably another $300.00. Never ends....

At least the Bose speakers are still working.

Fix the little things where they will last! $477 a pop to repair auto windows? Far too much to spend on an old car.

Frustrated
By learned my lesson

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Problems almost from jumpstreet- rattles, engine noises, 2 batteries in 10 months, display cluster replaced, check engine light is pretty much a constant precense which dealership never can quite repair- transmission issues- Was a Toyota buyer and wife talked me into saving about $6K by buying the Tahoe over the Sequoia- never again

Size of vehicle, cargo area, sunroof

A more reliable vehicle...too many issues

'03 Tahoe
By Shirley D.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

While not the most gas efficient, considering the size, I still get an average of 17 mpg. I love it, it's comfortable, reliable and safe. Outside of the general oil changes, tire rotations and one recent brake job and a/c repair, I have not had to do anything to it but drive and enjoy it. Recommend to anyone. Good quality vehicle. Bought used in '03 with 35,000 miles, I now have over 119,000 on it and it is still going strong, looks and runs like new! Hope to keep it a few more years!

Radio controls in the steering wheel and power seat controls

Controls for back a/c should be more accomodating for driver. Front cup holders should be raised up higher.

Best SUV ever
By lovemytahoe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A great choice for comfort and performance. 5.3 liter V8s are also Flex fuel which is a plus. We have gotten as high as 21 mpg. on the interstate at 80 mph burning gasoline. What a quiet highway vehicle, with power to spare for towing our jeep. Very few minor things have gone wrong, two replacements of the radio, a sensor etc. We love this vehicle and plan to keep it a long time