2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Sort Reviews by

I love this truck!
By dmaxwellh

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It would be embarassing for me to list how many different automobiles I have owned over the last five years! I love this truck. The interior comfort is wonderful, XM radio coupled with the Bose is fantastic! Moveable pedals. . . and the Z71 exterior look is quite simply cool. I have owned four other Chevy trucks since '94 and been very pleased with each and every one. My new Tahoe is off to a great start!

Favorite Features

XM and Bose radio with 6 cd changer moveable pedals heated leather seats exterior styling with 17 inch wheels side impact airbags

Suggested Improvements

sunroof could be a little larger mileage is not stunning heated seats in the rear Stabilitrak on the Z71 model

'03 Chev Tahoe
By Kelly Labe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my forth Tahoe...every two years I get a new one and i will never switch! They drive great, have lots of room, and are very luxurious. They really go through gas, but it is worth it!

Favorite Features

I love the good factory stereo system, comfortable captain's chairs, and all the power seat controls.

Z71 Tahoe - Close to Perfect
By JustW

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a white 2003 Z71 Tahoe October 2002. This vehicle is incredible looking and great to drive. Chevy has put so much cool stuff in this vehicle that it would take 10 pages to describe everything. The options I added were a sunroof and liftgate rear hatch, everthing else is standard. The drawback of having so much standard equipment is the price. After I added the sunroof and rear lift gate, the sticker price was over $43,500.00. A drawback to the vehicle, besides price, is the fuel consumption (avg. 13.5 MPG). Overall I would say the Z71 is close to perfect if you want something that is a lot of fun to drive and turns heads everywhere you go.

Favorite Features

Bose 6 CD In-Dash Stereo System, Incredibly comfortable front leather seats, Driver Information System, Exterior Trim (Roofrack, Running Boards, Fender Flares, etc.), 2" Standard Raised Rear End Gives Aggressive Look

Suggested Improvements

None. High price and high operating costs will keep sales at a relatively low level which is good for anyone who wants a nice looking vehicle that few others have (I doubt you'll see too many other Z71 Tahoe's on the way home from work on a daily basis)

love it so far
By tahoe owner

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

still surprised by the comfortable, quiet ride, great steering and brakes, very good seats

Favorite Features

size, turning radius, seats

Suggested Improvements

stereo and cruise controls should be on the steering wheel

My 5th Tahoe
By FSM104

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was another Tahoe that I have purchased and been totally satisfied.

Favorite Features

Heated and Power seats, OnStar system, I can store anything I need to in this Tahoe and still haul buidling supplies.

Suggested Improvements

Get Rid of the stinking factory tires, Firestone tires are the worst on the market and must be giving them to GM. They are not M&S as rated but slick junk.

Must read before you buy
By IMMENSUS

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you are planning to by a Tahoe or GMC, must have Z71 pack. It is costly (over 5K), but value is unbeatable - basicaly Z71 gets you all. From XM radio and on-board computer to towing package and awsome trim. Sticker runs at about 44-45K, but dealers usually will take 5-6k below, which brings it to under 38K

Favorite Features

Looks, features, reliabilty

First Impressions
By Paul B.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this beautiful vehicle for one week. On the first day the Ride control failed. My appointment for repair is 8 days later. Can't say I'm impressed with service. It is not a good impression to have a defect after one day of ownership. That said. The car has everything. Really love the features. I would not purchase another car without onstar and XM radio. I hope this vehicle is as reliable as people say.

Favorite Features

Having the ability to program using buttons found on the steering wheel all of the convience features to each driver's desire is incredible. Rear passenger's able to control seperate radio source with individual volume controls is great too.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see Entertainment system available as an option with Sun Roof. Rear passenger heated seats. In car GPS should be standard with this vehicle. Better level of service.

Tahoe is a great Truck
By JimL

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It drives small for a big car. My wife didn't want anything as big as a Tahoe because she expected it would be hard to drive. She loves the car! I think the engine and the short turning radius are two of the best features. You can actually beat most sedans of the line when the light turns green. The seats are comfortable and the car fits in the garage. The kids love having enough room to spread out and long car trips are so much more enjoyable for everyone.

Favorite Features

I think the engine and the short turning radius are two of the best features. You can actually beat most sedans off the line when the light turns green.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a fold down 3rd seat like the 2003 Expedition. Also a power rear door. I'd like to see the larger engine that is available in the 2500 Suburban be optional in the Tahoe

so far, so good
By broughers

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

2002 Tahoe LT with 14,000 miles. I've taken numerous long trips with large amts of cargo. So far, not a single problem. the vehicle has not had to return to the dealer for any reason. Initial build quality and delivery condition was above reproach. Comfort for driver and passengers is impressive. Hwy milage @ 75-80 mph is 17.5 mpg. Could use a little bigger fuel tank for those fishing trips out away from gas stations.

Favorite Features

engine, comfort, utility

Suggested Improvements

more interior storage compartments. bigger, more useful overhead storage for glasses etc. Better trip computer, milage, avg mph, miles to go etc. bigger fuel tank

Nice car but Autoride is hazardous
By Eric Weston

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I wish I had read the 2 other reviews here before I ordered my Tahoe. They warned about the Autoride feature. At low speeds the vehicle is fine. At highway speeds it is out and out dangerous. You cannot control this thing at 65mph or above. It wiggles and runs all over the road and if your attention wanders for a second you might find yourself under a truck or wrapped around a bridge support. The dealer tells me this is normal for the autoride and there have been numerous complaints about stability. I agree. This truck is dangerous.

Favorite Features

size, engine, seats

Suggested Improvements

fix or eliminate the Autoride. Make the chassis tuning the same as the Silverado.