2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews 20

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I love this truck!
By dmaxwellh on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It would be embarassing for me to list how many different automobiles I have owned over the last five years! I love this truck. The interior comfort is wonderful, XM radio coupled with the Bose is fantastic! Moveable pedals. . . and the Z71 exterior look is quite simply cool. I have owned four other Chevy trucks since '94 and been very pleased with each and every one. My new Tahoe is off to a great start!

'03 Chev Tahoe
By Kelly Labe on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my forth Tahoe...every two years I get a new one and i will never switch! They drive great, have lots of room, and are very luxurious. They really go through gas, but it is worth it!

Z71 Tahoe - Close to Perfect
By JustW on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a white 2003 Z71 Tahoe October 2002. This vehicle is incredible looking and great to drive. Chevy has put so much cool stuff in this vehicle that it would take 10 pages to describe everything. The options I added were a sunroof and liftgate rear hatch, everthing else is standard. The drawback of having so much standard equipment is the price. After I added the sunroof and rear lift gate, the sticker price was over $43,500.00. A drawback to the vehicle, besides price, is the fuel consumption (avg. 13.5 MPG). Overall I would say the Z71 is close to perfect if you want something that is a lot of fun to drive and turns heads everywhere you go.

love it so far
By tahoe owner on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

still surprised by the comfortable, quiet ride, great steering and brakes, very good seats

My 5th Tahoe
By FSM104 on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was another Tahoe that I have purchased and been totally satisfied.

First Impressions
By Paul B. on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this beautiful vehicle for one week. On the first day the Ride control failed. My appointment for repair is 8 days later. Can't say I'm impressed with service. It is not a good impression to have a defect after one day of ownership. That said. The car has everything. Really love the features. I would not purchase another car without onstar and XM radio. I hope this vehicle is as reliable as people say.

Must read before you buy
By IMMENSUS on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you are planning to by a Tahoe or GMC, must have Z71 pack. It is costly (over 5K), but value is unbeatable - basicaly Z71 gets you all. From XM radio and on-board computer to towing package and awsome trim. Sticker runs at about 44-45K, but dealers usually will take 5-6k below, which brings it to under 38K

Tahoe is a great Truck
By JimL on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It drives small for a big car. My wife didn't want anything as big as a Tahoe because she expected it would be hard to drive. She loves the car! I think the engine and the short turning radius are two of the best features. You can actually beat most sedans of the line when the light turns green. The seats are comfortable and the car fits in the garage. The kids love having enough room to spread out and long car trips are so much more enjoyable for everyone.

so far, so good
By broughers on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

2002 Tahoe LT with 14,000 miles. I've taken numerous long trips with large amts of cargo. So far, not a single problem. the vehicle has not had to return to the dealer for any reason. Initial build quality and delivery condition was above reproach. Comfort for driver and passengers is impressive. Hwy milage @ 75-80 mph is 17.5 mpg. Could use a little bigger fuel tank for those fishing trips out away from gas stations.

Nice car but Autoride is hazardous
By Eric Weston on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I wish I had read the 2 other reviews here before I ordered my Tahoe. They warned about the Autoride feature. At low speeds the vehicle is fine. At highway speeds it is out and out dangerous. You cannot control this thing at 65mph or above. It wiggles and runs all over the road and if your attention wanders for a second you might find yourself under a truck or wrapped around a bridge support. The dealer tells me this is normal for the autoride and there have been numerous complaints about stability. I agree. This truck is dangerous.