2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Love My Tahoe!
By Canary on 12/11/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Tahoe raised 2 grandchildren and chauffeured many. Two more g'children live 13.5 hrs from home; Tahoe is great for traveling. Awesome Front/Rear climate controls and media ports. Jan. 08, woman ran light going 65 mph; hit driver door; crushed left front wheel; and damaged front cap. Entire impact below passenger level; air bags not deployed. Had bump on head and small cut on hand. Two passengers in other vehicle critically injured. Police officer behind me said if I hadn't hesitated she'd have been hit and they'd be cutting what was left of her out of her cruiser. Did have problem w/leaking head gasket @ 80K. Tahoe has 104,000K, is safe, reliable & my V-8 got 19.94 mpg last wk.

Horrible car
By K Daniels on 10/15/09 18:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new Z71 with all the options. Truck now has 86000 miles on it and is falling apart. Transfer case and front differential gone, speedometer, heater fan, windshield wipers, mirror defrost, seat heater, fuel pump, U-joints, turn signals all not working. Truck needs over 5K of repairs. These are all items that should never go out, especially on a low mileage car. This is my 4th chevy truck. All others have gone 150+ miles without issues. GM is not building a product that will last and will not stand behind their product. I will not buy another GM product again.

Best Car Ever
By Jon on 08/05/09 08:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Honestly, I think this is the best car gm made lately. We bought it in 03 with 26k on it and now it have almost 160k and I haven't had any Major issues at all! Only done preventative maintenance and it has never (I mean never!) let me down. I've gone all over the country, pulled a trailer for over 1000 miles at a time, hauled tons of stuff and it just keeps going. It has hands down outperformed any vehicle I have ever had. (including imports) we just purchased a lower mileage Yukon and I kept the Tahoe with my business. I'm going to see just how far it will go (I'm guessing 300k or so) we'll see!

lovemytahoe
By lovemytahoe on 07/11/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased as a work vehicle as I am self employed. After four years I replaced it and kept it as a personal vehicle. It has never let me down. The original brakes lasted 70k miles. With the exception of a cheap speedometer repair at 75k miles it has never cost me anything but maintenance. It runs strong and has sports car handling. It averages 16 miles per gallon and gets 21 on the open road. It has the best a/c I've ever had in a car and still looks like new, inside and out. I expect 200k miles out of it as I know two guys who went well over that with their 03's and were forced by their companies to replace them.

Mostly happy...so far
By Walter K. on 06/23/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We paid $44K for the 2003 TahoeLT4WD and looking back now the amount surprises me. Not that the truck is not a great value but we have invested in brake pads (twice), rotors (once) and other rear-end parts. There is a leak from the overhead A/C control that spills water (when heavy rain) onto the front passenger. The truck drives powerfully, holds the road very well and eats up potholes and off-road bumps with ease. The interior layout works real well with 4 captain chairs and 2 removable third row seats. We hope to get another 70k miles before any more investment or trade in. I would recommend this truck to anyone with need to travel distances safely with kids and a dog. It's worth it.

My Favorite Car
By kpnj on 06/19/09 05:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far my favorite car. WE leased this car new in 03 and bought it when the lease was up. I have 2 kids and a great dane. This car fits everything! The only problems are that I've had to replace the fuel pump and transmission. Minor annoyances have been the parking brake and electrical issues, but "Bessie" has started every single time for 113,000 miles. We will be heartbroken to see her go.

power windows Tahoe 2003 cost
By W Brooks on 04/08/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The care was never the greatest car but it is paid for and who wants to go through the hassle of buying another one. I just can't believe that it cost me $477.00 to replace ONE rear window automatic window on the 2003 Tahoe. Just before this, out of the clear blue, the driver's seat seatback broke and that was another $368.00. Just hoping the economy will get better soon so I can afford to get rid of this money pit. No wonder GM is going under. Who wants a vehicle that even after you pay it off you are still paying the big bucks for the little things you expect to last. I call this Tahoe my Yugo. Now the windshield washer reservoir has gone out..probably another $300.00. Never ends....

Frustrated
By learned my lesson on 03/25/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Problems almost from jumpstreet- rattles, engine noises, 2 batteries in 10 months, display cluster replaced, check engine light is pretty much a constant precense which dealership never can quite repair- transmission issues- Was a Toyota buyer and wife talked me into saving about $6K by buying the Tahoe over the Sequoia- never again

'03 Tahoe
By Shirley D. on 09/12/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

While not the most gas efficient, considering the size, I still get an average of 17 mpg. I love it, it's comfortable, reliable and safe. Outside of the general oil changes, tire rotations and one recent brake job and a/c repair, I have not had to do anything to it but drive and enjoy it. Recommend to anyone. Good quality vehicle. Bought used in '03 with 35,000 miles, I now have over 119,000 on it and it is still going strong, looks and runs like new! Hope to keep it a few more years!

Best SUV ever
By lovemytahoe on 09/06/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A great choice for comfort and performance. 5.3 liter V8s are also Flex fuel which is a plus. We have gotten as high as 21 mpg. on the interstate at 80 mph burning gasoline. What a quiet highway vehicle, with power to spare for towing our jeep. Very few minor things have gone wrong, two replacements of the radio, a sensor etc. We love this vehicle and plan to keep it a long time