2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Sort Reviews by

WOW
By ULTIMATE REVIEWER

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was a proud Ford Expedition driver for many years. I have been working in the Automobile industry for more than five years and after driving the new 03 Tahoe, I can easily say that it stands in a class by itself. The 4x4 system is by far superior to the expedition. (And yes I have driven the 2003, I just traded it in for the 2003 Tahoe) Very impressed with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Powerplant, 4x4 system, On star, and styling. What else could you ask for? This is an awesome vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Climate controlled seats(heated and cooled). Reverse sensing system and larger mirrors. Cover the tracks that the seats are on with leather so it isn't visable.

As the add says, "LIKE A ROCK"
By jenga

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe blows away the competition (Expedition, Landcruiser, etc. with their wimpy 230hp engines). The 5.3L engine is a MUST have over the standard 4.8. Interior qualities and features are very adequate regardless of "spotty build quality" often described by J.D. Power and other groups - what do they expect? It's a TRUCK for cryin' out loud! My 1st ever large vehicle/SUV and I'm committed for life as long as Chevy maintains their quality standard. Hats off to "MOTOR CITY" for a job well done!

Favorite Features

Overall comfort, ride and HORSEPOWER.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously-fuel efficiency but not bad on highway. Dump the front bench seat, front buckets should be standard.

Better gas mileage
By Shari W

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 3 Suburbans over 20 years, we decided to downsize now that the kids are grown. The Tahoe is a great, dependable vehicle and much easier to park than the Suburbans were. I still have all of the cargo room behind the second seat and have enjoyed the ride and feel of the vehicle very much. Just did not expect to pay MORE for the Tahoe than any other Suburban we ever had!

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, rear cargo net and ample cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Please improve gas mileage and get rid of tiny running boards!

Excellent SUV
By skay

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Working for a car dealership that does not sell 7 passenger vehicles, I searched Hi and Low and compared all 7 passenger vehicles in the market. I decided on the Tahoe. It was priced resonably as opposed to some other manufactures. I couldn't be any happier with the decision that I have made.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is how comfortable the seats and interior are. The DVD player also helps with the kids too!

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements! I love my tahoe.

Our First Chev
By LuvRZ71

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We looked at almost all of the mid/full size SUVs before deciding on the Tahoe. The looks of the Tahoe distinguish it from the rest of the pack (especially in Z71 trim), and it's interior was *the* most comfortable of any vehicle we test drove. Our previous SUV was mid-size, but my wife and I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it has been to adapt to the larger Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Interior space and comfort. It is also *very easy* to drive in traffic with excellent visibility and "get up and go".

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is decent for something that weighs this much, but a larger tank than the stock 26-gallon would really extend its range.

Not surprised!
By thdon

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Experience has been great. 16,000 and not one item for the dealer to fix. I do not care for the 3rd row of seats. I think they are unsafe and I wish I had not bought them.

Favorite Features

A workhorse!

Suggested Improvements

Do away with some of the fluff and leave more usable cargo space when not using the vehicle as a car.

My 2003 Tahoe
By greggars

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most enjoyable and fun vehicle that I have ever owned. I thought my 1990 Suburban was a great truck, but the Tahoe is even better.

Like a Roc-- Mashmallow
By Liza Coronel

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Uhhhh, great truck but it has a fatal flaw. A deal killer. Reason enough to check out the competition. In spite of many wonderful features as reported here before the Autoride makes this thing handle like it has a marshmallow suspension. It wobbles and wiggles like a hula dancer. GM says it is "normal" I call it "unacceptable".

Favorite Features

Size, seats are great. Killer engine with the worlds supply of torque.

Suggested Improvements

Autoride has to go. It is truly dangerous to drive at highway speeds. Bad truck, bad truck, baaaaaad truck

Would rather walk than switch
By 4x4lover

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We've had 3 other Tahoe's and this one is the most impressive. Tahoe's ride and handle very well. Plenty of room for hauling cargo &/or grandkids.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel efficiency

Great vehicle
By Hornzfan

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love it! It hauls the kids and sometimes the in-laws. It pulls out tree stumps. It's easy to manuver, It pulls a jet-ski. It will hold 40 bags of mulch. If it was stolen today I'd buy another one in the morning!

Favorite Features

flexibilty, it does the job no matter what the job is.