2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Bad Experience
By Martha Garza on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I been driving my Tahoe for about a year now, but had to take to get repairs about 4 to 5 times now. I am very dissapointed, because they even replaced my fuel pump when it wasn't even a year long..It is hard to belive that I am having this kind of problems with a new vehicle.

My Tahoe
By FSM104 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I find the fact the put the poor quality Firestone tires on this SUV, a very poor choice. They are terrible in rain and snow. The seats are very poorly constructed compared the 2002 I owned. The mirrors on both sides are loose. Don't like the changes between 2002 and 2003 in the instruments, onboard computer checks. The 1800 price increase between 2002 and 2003 was a reduction in quality and items for this SUV. They took the Onstar and HomeLink out and raised the price. With the changes they made, the price increase was not worth it. I will be looking at other brands next year, after 18 years of driving full size Chevrolet SUV's.

My Tahoe
By dsmith1279 on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the car. I have had it for over a year and have not a bad thing to say about it.

BEST I'VE EVER OWNED
By JOHNNY10 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I CAN'T TELL YA'LL HOW HAPPY I AM WITH THIS TRUCK WOW..........

Great SUV
By james**** on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at many SUVs, including the explorer, 03 4runner, expedition, murano, pilot, highlander,yukon, and envoy. I very seriously considered the pilot, due to previous experience with other hondas, but in the end it did not drive quite as well or have as much room, plus it seems to be one small step from being a minivan.

Fuel be gone
By croast on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Fun truck to drive, but I was unprepared for the amount of gas this vehicle drinks. Now that gas is $1.68 per gallon for regular unleaded I am wishing for better MPG. I am averaging about 12 mpg in city driving. A little less than advertised. In addition, the car has developed several rattles that the dealer cannot seem to fix. I guess that is to be expected from a GM product. I sure hope gas prices come down!

A Great SUV
By trespinosranch on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased our Tahoe in 9/02. Now, with 10k miles, we couldn't be happier. It fullfills all of our needs. I removed the rear seats, as I go to the dumps alot and we don't have any kids. It's only been to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. Not one problem or flaw noted to date. It does tend to wander on the freeway at 80+ mph, with wind and irregular pavement. Otherwise, solid as a rock.

Incredible value for the money
By Robert from Arizona on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Carefully consider what else you can get for the same price, and you'd have to be crazy to buy anything else. Extreme value. Performance is excellent, extremely safe. I drove it across the Mojave desert and loved every minute of it. Dealership was courteous and easy to deal with, and is a very strong credit to the Chevrolet name. Their service, and the Chevy Tahoe is why real Americans still buy American.

Well I was suprised.. Maybe
By markyboy@sbcglobal.n on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I was suprised. I owned a chevy truck C10 for 10 yrs in the 70-80s, and was basically happy. No major problems in 10 years. Then I started buying Japanese cars. Enough said. I was looking at the Toyota Sequoia to buy and did not even thaught of buying a Chevy. Then, on the way home to pick up my wife to go to the Toyota dealer, for some un explained reason I stopped at a Chevy dealer and test drove a Tahoe. Well after a few months, of being downright confused (I did'nt want to buy the Chevy), I bought the Tahoe and haven't looked back. I have the LT w/ Autoride, and have been extemely happy with it. Well, again, I was suprised.. Maybe not.

THE BEST SUV
By suska on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Chevy got it right.