2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Tahoe review
By tomyboy on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I think GM wrecked the 2003 tahoe, the 2002 was the last good year. The front seats are larger in the '02 than the '03. There are too many cubby holes in the dash area in the '03, and it looks unattractive. Had to take it to the dealer many times to fix a simple, yet, messy problem with the front axle leaking due to a defective vent tube. Build quality was surprisingly good. Great ride for an SUV with a truck frame!

my 2003 Tahoe
By oienfvef on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV stands far and away better than Expedition or Navigator for a couple of reasons. Better build, better ride, and better quality for your money. We did not pick the Navigator because it was just an over priced FORD. We also did not pick the Expedition because from the inside the quality was not their. Although the Expedition was comparably priced it just "Felt Cheap". The Tahoe is all class and very very comfortable and enjoyable.

So Far, So Good!
By Nelle on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my SUV for 13 months now and I have had only one problem so far. Shortly after I purchased my SUV, I started hearing this faint noise in the dash area. I took it to the dealership (Harbor Chevrolet, Long Beach, CA - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!) and I was told that they would have to take the dash apart piece by piece to find the source of the noise. It turned out to be some wiring or cabling issue and they were able to fix. After 17k miles and venturing to Las Vegas, San Diego and Santa Maria, I have only 85% usage on my brakes! Y E S!!!!

The only SUV I would buy
By fiyaboi on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am in the automotive industry and I would recommend the Tahoe over any other SUV. The look, room, comfort, safety, handling, reliability and many features out match those so-called wannabe SUVs.

THE ONLY BOWTIE YOU'LL EVER GET ME INTO
By Staten Island George on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Every where I go people look at my Tahoe. I went with the indigo blue, with tan interior, dark tinted glass all the way around, clear tail lights, and bumper guard It looks great!!

White Z71
By chxtwo on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Z71 Tahoe. I think the summit white is an eye catcher color. It provides a very comfortable ride for everyone. Its easy to clean....It does very well in the snow. I cannot complain about anything so far except for maybe the gas mileage, but the ride is worth it!

Forget the 2003 Tahoe
By Falige on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased the 2003 Tahoe LT in October of 2002. It is now March 2003 and the truck has had to be repaired TWICE!!!!!!!!!! AND to top it off we have to take it back to have a part put in it that had to be ordered. I am totally disgusted after spending that much money for something that is UNRELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Tahoe
By FSM104 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I find the fact the put the poor quality Firestone tires on this SUV, a very poor choice. They are terrible in rain and snow. The seats are very poorly constructed compared the 2002 I owned. The mirrors on both sides are loose. Don't like the changes between 2002 and 2003 in the instruments, onboard computer checks. The 1800 price increase between 2002 and 2003 was a reduction in quality and items for this SUV. They took the Onstar and HomeLink out and raised the price. With the changes they made, the price increase was not worth it. I will be looking at other brands next year, after 18 years of driving full size Chevrolet SUV's.

Bad Experience
By Martha Garza on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I been driving my Tahoe for about a year now, but had to take to get repairs about 4 to 5 times now. I am very dissapointed, because they even replaced my fuel pump when it wasn't even a year long..It is hard to belive that I am having this kind of problems with a new vehicle.

My Tahoe
By dsmith1279 on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the car. I have had it for over a year and have not a bad thing to say about it.