Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Truck Saved my life, very well built
By Mandi78

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I recently rolled my Tahoe over twice on the highway doing approx 60mph and literally other than being bruised up I walked away from the accident.. The truck also saved my baby (I am 9mos pregnant) and the baby is fine as well.. I must say the truck is top heavy I have always said that but it certainly help up well.. The only downfall now is that because the truck is so high priced the insurance company is fixing the truck (25,000 worth of damage). But defenately worth the $$$

Favorite Features

SAFETY

Love that truck!
By larryz4

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use the Tahoe mainly for towing a trailer so I don't put a lot of miles on it annually. I love each and every time I climb into the truck. It is so comfortable and a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

My favorite would have to be fuel mileage, especially for such a big truck. I average 15.5 MPG wile towing and 17 when not.

Suggested Improvements

A little better design for the intermediate link would be great. Mine like so many others suffered from the steering clunk that became universally associated with the Tahoe.

Great reliability, Bad build qualty
By R1der2002

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

Favorite Features

The size, The MPG for the size, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, Fit and finish

Mostly happy...so far
By Walter K.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We paid $44K for the 2003 TahoeLT4WD and looking back now the amount surprises me. Not that the truck is not a great value but we have invested in brake pads (twice), rotors (once) and other rear-end parts. There is a leak from the overhead A/C control that spills water (when heavy rain) onto the front passenger. The truck drives powerfully, holds the road very well and eats up potholes and off-road bumps with ease. The interior layout works real well with 4 captain chairs and 2 removable third row seats. We hope to get another 70k miles before any more investment or trade in. I would recommend this truck to anyone with need to travel distances safely with kids and a dog. It's worth it.

Favorite Features

Elevated ride height, handling, interior design and function, seats make the back seats easily adjustable.

Suggested Improvements

Leakage issues, heaviness of vehicle contributes to frequent brake repair and 14 mpg gas highway is expensive for long trips.

Best SUV Ever!!!
By mike1997

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck now has over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Bought it used in 2005 with about 70,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been to the fuel pump and rear AC. The truck sits up high so it makes you feel safe. The power from thr 5.3 liter Vortec engine is amazing.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, Heated Seats

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to complain about