2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
White Z71
By JamesDoyle on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome ride for a SUV. It is powerful and is smooth. The Leather interior and back row Captain Chairs set it off. It is very roomy and comfortable. Makes excellent turns for its size.

Z71 is the Best of the Best
By Tampa Z71 on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! My Mercedes SLK230 and Harley Road King end up spending a lot of time in the garage on battery tenders because the Z71 is so much fun to drive. If you are looking for a good traveling vehicle, this is it. Three trips from Tampa to Atlanta since December 2002, and the Z71 made each one a joy.My truck is jet black and I added window vent covers and a matching plastic front spoiler for the hood. I also painted the chevy bowtie black and removed the chevrolet badge from the rear. This baby looks awesome and gets many drooling looks every where I go.

Best full size SUV on the market
By Johnc on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have 52K on this vehicle and use it on/off road, for hauling people, towing a boat and camper, and back and forth to work. This truck has been pretty much bullet proof. It only needed one small warranty repair (driver's side window regulator). I looked at all of the competitors and the Tahoe just felt better and handled better. My actual experience leaves nothing to be desired from this truck except for a better 3rd row seat configuration.

my 2003 Tahoe
By oienfvef on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV stands far and away better than Expedition or Navigator for a couple of reasons. Better build, better ride, and better quality for your money. We did not pick the Navigator because it was just an over priced FORD. We also did not pick the Expedition because from the inside the quality was not their. Although the Expedition was comparably priced it just "Felt Cheap". The Tahoe is all class and very very comfortable and enjoyable.

Tahoe review
By tomyboy on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I think GM wrecked the 2003 tahoe, the 2002 was the last good year. The front seats are larger in the '02 than the '03. There are too many cubby holes in the dash area in the '03, and it looks unattractive. Had to take it to the dealer many times to fix a simple, yet, messy problem with the front axle leaking due to a defective vent tube. Build quality was surprisingly good. Great ride for an SUV with a truck frame!

So Far, So Good!
By Nelle on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my SUV for 13 months now and I have had only one problem so far. Shortly after I purchased my SUV, I started hearing this faint noise in the dash area. I took it to the dealership (Harbor Chevrolet, Long Beach, CA - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!) and I was told that they would have to take the dash apart piece by piece to find the source of the noise. It turned out to be some wiring or cabling issue and they were able to fix. After 17k miles and venturing to Las Vegas, San Diego and Santa Maria, I have only 85% usage on my brakes! Y E S!!!!

The only SUV I would buy
By fiyaboi on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am in the automotive industry and I would recommend the Tahoe over any other SUV. The look, room, comfort, safety, handling, reliability and many features out match those so-called wannabe SUVs.

THE ONLY BOWTIE YOU'LL EVER GET ME INTO
By Staten Island George on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Every where I go people look at my Tahoe. I went with the indigo blue, with tan interior, dark tinted glass all the way around, clear tail lights, and bumper guard It looks great!!

White Z71
By chxtwo on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Z71 Tahoe. I think the summit white is an eye catcher color. It provides a very comfortable ride for everyone. Its easy to clean....It does very well in the snow. I cannot complain about anything so far except for maybe the gas mileage, but the ride is worth it!

Forget the 2003 Tahoe
By Falige on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased the 2003 Tahoe LT in October of 2002. It is now March 2003 and the truck has had to be repaired TWICE!!!!!!!!!! AND to top it off we have to take it back to have a part put in it that had to be ordered. I am totally disgusted after spending that much money for something that is UNRELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!