Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

A Few Changes Needed
By rancher03

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

There are many things to like about the Tahoe. It is a reliable vehicle and a good size.The seats are comfortable and the controls are easy to use. But there are a few changes needed to make me keep this one or buy another one. I have had 2 previous suburbans and a Chev conversion van in the last 15 years.

Automatic, heated adjustable driver and front seats.

The front seats should RECLINE all the way!The 3rd rear seat should fold down into the floor and have enough head and leg room for adults!!Should have a back up warning system.

Z71 A step up from everthing else
By kgc

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Z71 is definitely a vehicle you want in your garage if you plan on driving in any condition. During and after the Blizzard of 2003 I was the only vehicle on the road that was not in a ditch. The biggest problem that I have discovered with this vehicle is its ability to drain a tank of gas with no difficulty, as well as few minor issues with the interior quality of the vehicle. I would request that GM increase the level of the 2nd row comfort, sitting in the back is like ridding on a wooden bench. Over all I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who does not want to sit in there house when the weather turns bad.

I would sugest that GM place standard 2nd row bucket seats. In addition I would bumb up the horse power to 300, and raise the suspension of the truck by 1 inch giving the vehical a great level of ground clearance.

From BMW to Z71
By BMW/Z71

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 2003 Z71 two weeks before I took 1900 mile trip to Fla and back. Just drove excellent thru the N.C. mountains, wife claimed she had tough time keeping up in the BMW. First American vehicle purchase since my 1974 Blazer. I'm impressed how well it handles.

There isn't any feature I don't like. Excellent ride for a truck.

Gas mileage could improve, but no big deal with other features.

Tahoe baby!
By Chilly

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just got my Tahoe Z71 4wd recently...I love the comfort the looks and performance. Ive added new tires and rims which has let to even better handling than the stock tires.....The handling and turn radius is very impressive. The extras the Chevy has included is also very impressive....I think if you like to get away or just cruise around town, This vehicle requires consideration....Im very pleased!

nice sound system, very spacious and comfortable, great turn radius and extra sharp looks!

give then away free!

Z71 Rocks!
By mikey10_21

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I have only had my Z71 for about 1 month I LOVE it! I don't even mind paying $2.13 for fuel (too much).

Instrment panel. Everything is so easy to reach. And the Sun Roof.......